Can we cut Edin a break?

I know I have been one of the people who would not have sweated if he left the team, but for all is flaws, his positioning is superb. Always at the right place at the right time in the penalty box. Something Balotelli on the other hand doesn't have.

Actually the more I think about it, Dzeko, Tevez is an interesting pair. I won't be surprised if Dzeko gets around 15 goals this season.

Whether you think hes good or bad,when hes playing in blue he should be supported and encouraged.
It is appalling that city fans can still find a boo boy to deride and sneer at when we are champions!
Especially someone who is a £20 mill + international player,that helped us win the premier league!!!!!!!!
There was blokes near me jumping up and down berating him yesterday,waving their arms about calling him shit etc.! Absolute joke!!! Remember where we've come from.we are blessed to have him as our player,and even more fortunate that he is not,in certain terms,our best player in the team!
Ive said it before on here,utd fans wouldnt dream of abusing any of their players,no matter how crap they are,they wont admit it.They wouldnt even give that ugly git luke chadwick grief,and actually encouraged him!!! (Now,he is shit!) but he took a few defenders apart,coz he was encouraged.
Look what we did to Richard Edghill.

The most relevant point on this thread is that if Milner and Kolarov had made the correct, simple choices today then Edin would have had a hat trick.

I don't think that the OP means that Dzeko is beyond criticism, just that many blues are displaying that traditional mean streak of having to have a boo boy. It's a sickening part of being a city fan that a significant section of the support wants to destroy a member of the squad by undermining his confidence.

Edghill
Samaras
Ireland

Even Goater for a while when he first joined. I'm sureothers can add to this list

For the record we're very, very lucky to have Edin Dzeko in our team. Lest we forget the days of Lee Bradbury.

MCFCBen said:
HOLMSLICE said:
andyhinch said:
He can frustrate me to fuck but he's a goal scorer, most have some diffidencey's

he's a goal fluffer. How the fuck he was scouted for 27 million is beyond rediculous. No wonder no one takes us seriously in the transfer market.

Is there anything you DO like about 'us' Holms?

I set you a challenge- say something that is good about us!

Ignore him bud.. hes a rag WUM......no..hes a poor rag WUM.

SWP's back said:
dex2010 said:
Id rather have him in the team ahead of Mario!
Good for you. I wouldn't.

He may get goals but we lose possession so often when he miscontrols it. Then again he is very good for a 4th striker so we shouldn't be too critical.
Well you just dont know which Mario will turn up at least with Edin he tries everytime ok his first touch can let him down but hes a big man but scores his fair share with his feet but anyway id just rather have him start ahead of mario.

Mancio said:
dex2010 said:
Mancio said:
would you have mario or carrol ?

is dzeko better than carrol ?

if your answer will be "yes" please say in what TA
Hell yes!both Mario and Edin are better than carrol! better at everything! wtf has Carrol got to do with us anyway

Dzeko is better than carrol in what? . specific please

Football.

Dobsy said:
The most relevant point on this thread is that if Milner and Kolarov had made the correct, simple choices today then Edin would have had a hat trick.

I don't think that the OP means that Dzeko is beyond criticism, just that many blues are displaying that traditional mean streak of having to have a boo boy. It's a sickening part of being a city fan that a significant section of the support wants to destroy a member of the squad by undermining his confidence.

Edghill
Samaras
Ireland

Even Goater for a while when he first joined. I'm sureothers can add to this list

For the record we're very, very lucky to have Edin Dzeko in our team. Lest we forget the days of Lee Bradbury.

When I was reading the transfer forum the other night I was shocked at some of the awful comments about Scott Sinclair - and before he had even kicked a ball for us. I was wondering if he was going to be the 2012/13 boo boy. I should have known better as, of course, Dzeko is going to continue to attract the vitriol - Even though he has been vital in securing many of our 7 points so far this season.

dex2010 said:
Mancio said:
dex2010 said:
Hell yes!both Mario and Edin are better than carrol! better at everything! wtf has Carrol got to do with us anyway

Dzeko is better than carrol in what? . specific please
hes quicker, better finisher, better link up play! better shot!

He's also got a better goal scoring record, has played in the Champions' League (scoring the winning goals against the rags at OT, how many people can say that?), won a German and an English league title and doesn't punch women. Oh, and he was £8 million less expensive.

Bit of a silly comparison really.

I think there's a middle ground. He serves a purpose and deserves starts now and again as shown yesterday. I even think he's a lots more skillful than people give him credit for - he beats his man quite a lot for a big guy.

But, yes I agree I don't think you can argue that tevez and aguero would be first choice. I just think people go overboard, and as mentioned you can clearly feel an attitude in the crowd when dzeko miscontrols or miss places a pass that it validates their feeling he's crap. Yet the same situation with different players passes unnoticed as its an accepted part of football.

Ballotelli as well is clearly class and 'unplayable' on his day and I'm just so happy we have all 4. The people saying watch match of the day it'll be better cause we'll only see the goals - there are plenty of top strikers that miss chances and mess up and I suspect if we brought in one of these players we'd get to know they're not 100% accurate goal machines either. If we're being realistic who else would be that much better than dzeko and willing to play second fiddle that it would be worth getting rid?

We're champions and everyone's played a role - we've got 4 of the best strikers in the world/Europe.

What's not to love.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.