Can we cut Edin a break?

Stillsy said:
He is 6ft 4 and should be winning almost every ball that is hit up to him, yesterday for the first time in a long time he chested it down out muscled someone then passed it.... the crowd were loving and started singing his name, yet im thinking to myself... Andy Carroll does that every single time the ball is sent to him? I dont think he is a premier league type of player, in Spain Germany or Italy he would be brilliant. not here though. I hope im proved wrong,.

Hey, respect to you for being a "real" Blue but I would have to ask you why did you bring Carrol into this thread? Andy is good player and maybe chest the ball more often than our strikers but his football skills are way worse than Edins. You must be one of those who think that Andy or any other tall striker (Gomez, Bendtner, Crouch, etc.) would score more than Edin playing for City.

mancity5 said:
southern muppet said:
JasminBosnia said:
The best third/fourth choice striker in the world :). Those who boo him, kicking chairs, think he is second division player, etc. should check how many important goals he scored so far (Notts Co., Blackburn away, 4 at WHL, Wigan away, 2 at swamp, QPR away and home, etc.). You have to get used to him asap because his game might change only a bit in our current style of play. If you think he is shite and not good enough to wear a blue, tell me why RM kept him in a squad?

This season, our problem is defense as we concede at least a goal every game. Hart, Kompany, Kolo, Lescott, Zaba, Kolarov and Clichy are not up to speed.

I've never heard him actually get significantly boo'd. He benefits from having a simple, catchy chant and so gets his name sung a lot more than his performances merit actually (and I'm a Dzeko fan).

I actually can't believe the amount of support he gets with his name being chanted.

Isnt support what supporters do ?? thats why they are called supporters mate.

ive been done again.. ffs.

samharris said:
Stillsy said:
samharris said:
Cant believe you posted that tbh..so wrong in so many ways.

i like you sam and your one of my favourite posters so im not looking for an argument but i simply dont believe dzeko is upto the premier league week in week out.

He is 6ft 4 and shoudl be winning almost everyball that is hit up to him, yesterday for the first time in a long time he chested it down out muscled someone then passed it.... the crowd were loving and starte singing his name, yet im thinking to myself... Andy Carroll does that every single time the ball is sent to him? I dont think he is a premier league type of player, in spain germany or italy he would be brilliant. not here though. I hope im proved wrong,.

Not looking for an argument stillsy far from it mate..but to criticise a player who missed a goal that would have been offside anyway isnt fair in my book..

I wish Edin did score every chance he had but he doesnt,but neither does Tevez,Aguero and Balotelli..Dzeko is a poacher striker,hes not good at controlling the ball like Andy carroll but scores a lot more goals than him..
Tevez and aguero can create their chances but Edin needs chances created for him..thats the difference..

Fair one fella i just think when he was through yesterday it gives you an indication to the sort of chances he is missing at the moment dispite whether he was offside or not pal....

I dont know i think when balotelli gets himself sorted and fully fit etc he will be the 3rd choice and to be honest when guidetti gets involved apparently around november time then we may send dzeko on his way and not bring in a replacement cause i think bobby is going to use guidetti and dzeko doesnt look happy here to me.

mancity5 said:
samharris said:
mancity5 said:
I personally think Dzeko is Wank.....

Put any half decent striker in his position and he would score at least twice the amount Edin does..

As for his assist, fuck me it was a piss poor shot that was going for a throw in.

Great header for his goal tho.

Bit over dramatic there bud.. "going out for a throw in"...It was going a yard wide if that.

Nah Sam, It was definately going for a throw in, near the half way line.

ffs.. yeah you got me.. sod. ;)<br /><br />-- Sun Sep 02, 2012 11:47 am --<br /><br />
Stillsy said:
samharris said:
Stillsy said:
i like you sam and your one of my favourite posters so im not looking for an argument but i simply dont believe dzeko is upto the premier league week in week out.

He is 6ft 4 and shoudl be winning almost everyball that is hit up to him, yesterday for the first time in a long time he chested it down out muscled someone then passed it.... the crowd were loving and starte singing his name, yet im thinking to myself... Andy Carroll does that every single time the ball is sent to him? I dont think he is a premier league type of player, in spain germany or italy he would be brilliant. not here though. I hope im proved wrong,.

Not looking for an argument stillsy far from it mate..but to criticise a player who missed a goal that would have been offside anyway isnt fair in my book..

I wish Edin did score every chance he had but he doesnt,but neither does Tevez,Aguero and Balotelli..Dzeko is a poacher striker,hes not good at controlling the ball like Andy carroll but scores a lot more goals than him..
Tevez and aguero can create their chances but Edin needs chances created for him..thats the difference..

Fair one fella i just think when he was through yesterday it gives you an indication to the sort of chances he is missing at the moment dispite whether he was offside or not pal....

I dont know i think when balotelli gets himself sorted and fully fit etc he will be the 3rd choice and to be honest when guidetti gets involved apparently around november time then we may send dzeko on his way and not bring in a replacement cause i think bobby is going to use guidetti and dzeko doesnt look happy here to me.

If he wasnt happy surely he would have gone in the window..Im happy with the positives from his games ie 2 goals so far..the negative side can and hopefully will sort its self out.

SamTheGuru said:
samharris said:
SamTheGuru said:
So Dzeko made the 2nd goal and Dzeko passed it to Tevez for the 3rd?

Do you not register every time he gives the ball away or fails to hold up possession? Or do you choose to ignore it?

Rather register his goal tbh..which is exactly what you are ignoring..

You are probably best off watching Match of the Day then. They cut out most of the bits in between the goals.
If we win when we don't play well it can't be all bad,be happy m8 and move on.

samharris said:
mancity5 said:
southern muppet said:
I've never heard him actually get significantly boo'd. He benefits from having a simple, catchy chant and so gets his name sung a lot more than his performances merit actually (and I'm a Dzeko fan).

I actually can't believe the amount of support he gets with his name being chanted.

Sam, I was being serious on this one,, I never have and never will boo a player & don't think its right,, but the level of support Dzeko gets regarding Chanting his name, is amazing compared to say Silva, Clichy, Kompany, Tevez(who in my opinion has served his time for being a twat).

mancity5 said:
samharris said:
mancity5 said:

Sam, I was being serious on this one,, I never have and never will boo a player & don't think its right,, but the level of support Dzeko gets regarding Chanting his name, is amazing compared to say Silva, Clichy, Kompany, Tevez(who in my opinion has served his time for being a twat).

I think the oh, oh, oh, oh, Edin Dzeko chant caught on well early on. No real chants have emerged for VK, GC, DS etc

Edin played well yesterday and i was happy he got to start, hopefully he did enough to get a run in the side. No doubt the guy is talented and alot better player than carrol.

mancity5 said:
samharris said:
mancity5 said:

Maybe cos its a nice original easy to sing chant ..

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.