Can we cut Edin a break?

Damocles said:
80s Shorts said:
pudge said:
Some people rate him, some people don't.

When he's on the pitch he gets everyone's full support.

Why do people have to create so many threads about him?

He obviously spilts opinion but we are asking him to do things which he is not capable of. He cannot play with his back to the goal against a commanding centre half, he cannot run the channels effectively BUT he is a goalscorer and he is scoring goals when we are asking him to do the things that are not his strengths. Make him the focus of the attack when he plays and he will score a lot of goals. Mancini seems reluctant to do this and expects him to fit into a system that does not agree with him. A little more flexibility from the management would help Dzeko enormously. I dont think that will happen and he will be shipped out at the earliest opportunity.

The earliest opportunity was June 2011 and he's still here.

And I'd be absolutely furious if we built a team around Dzeko when we have Silva, Nasri, Tevez and Aguero.

You know that Dzeko is a professional football reputed to be a world class one at that? Why can't HE adapt to us?

Again you misunderstand a quite simple post. Who talked about building a team around Dzeko, certainly not mentioned anywhere in my post. When Dzeko plays it would not be unreasonable to play to his strengths, which are in the box pressuring defenders and doing what he does a high percentage of times when he is put in this position.. SCORING GOALS. Not sure , but who has the better goals per game ratio, Dzeko or Balo.

cyprustavern said:
i was born on thornton rd season (north stand) maine rd ticket from age 7 blame my grandad..behind the kippax drank at the parkside know all / most of the heads...so i aint gonna comment bad on my team

barrys out lol

80s Shorts said:
Again you misunderstand a quite simple post. Who talked about building a team around Dzeko, certainly not mentioned anywhere in my post. When Dzeko plays it would not be unreasonable to play to his strengths, which are in the box pressuring defenders and doing what he does a high percentage of times when he is put in this position.. SCORING GOALS. Not sure , but who has the better goals per game ratio, Dzeko or Balo.

No, no, we're talking about the same thing. I didn't mean building a new squad, I meant playing a setup for the express benefit of Dzeko. When we have Silva, Nasri, Tevez, and Aguero, we should be setting up our systems for the express benefit of maximising their strengths as they are better, more consistent and more important players than Dzeko.

Setting up a team for the purpose of getting Dzeko into the most dangerous positions is like buying a Ferrari then putting 18'' spinners on it.

I'm not sure off of the top of my head, but IIRC, Balo has the better goals per minute ratio. He has one of the best in the league.

But why does a new thread have to appear every week, whether it be to criticise or praose him. That's what the post match thread is for.

These threads just go round in circles. What harm does criticising Dzeko, or highlighting his weak points, do to the OP?

Meh...bored of discussing him to be honest. I dont think hes good enough, others do.

Suppose it only matters if city win.

Dzeko is a top striker - yes he has his issues and his weakness for me he executes the apparant "simple" things poorly but the difficult things quite well and his decision making

However the slagging off he gets on here by some is appaling, there is a difference between criticising him and just out and out slating him.

He has scored important goals for us and his contribution last year was as important as anybody else

Glad to hear his name being sung today

For those of you who wish to compare Balotelli and Dzeko, even though they're not at all the same type of player...their goals per game average for City is almost identical.

Damocles said:
80s Shorts said:

No, no, we're talking about the same thing. I didn't mean building a new squad, I meant playing a setup for the express benefit of Dzeko. When we have Silva, Nasri, Tevez, and Aguero, we should be setting up our systems for the express benefit of maximising their strengths as they are better, more consistent and more important players than Dzeko.

Setting up a team for the purpose of getting Dzeko into the most dangerous positions is like buying a Ferrari then putting 18'' spinners on it.

I'm not sure off of the top of my head, but IIRC, Balo has the better goals per minute ratio. He has one of the best in the league.

Well I think youre wrong about the goals per min ratio but Dzeko is with us and whilst this is the case it is ludicrous to not play to his strengths when he plays and expect him to fit into a tippi tappa system. I feel a little sorry for him in a way and know for a fact that he will be a prolific goalscorer when he leaves us.

Anyway, it could be worse. Just watching the championship programme. But for our recent good fortune we would have had Steve Clarridge chatting shit about us all night. Goodnight buddy.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.