Can we cut Edin a break?

The views of Edin on here for me do not reflect what people honestly think at the game.

Poor first touch,doesn't put himself about as surely a big fella should. Plenty of moand and groans yesterday

MSP said:
NoJabbaNoBogRoll said:
He seems to play a lot better when he gets regular game time.

That might mean we won't often see the best of him.

Definitely..

There are lot Bosnians who think Edin should get fairly more time but let's be honest - that's never gonna happen with Aguero and Tevez. He'll never get 5 starts in a row unless someone is injured or Tevez gets golfsick :)

Agreed!

With all his bad stuff, (and he is far away from world class striker he once was and I doubt he'll be as good again while at City), he is too good to sit on bench but he decided to stay so it's his choice. It would probably be better for him if he moved somewhere as he is good enough to score galore of them anywhere.

Many people just talk crap and know fuck all about football as there is handfull number of strikers int he world that are good enough to find themselves in as many chances as Dzeko is.

Great point again

He is still the guy who raped Bundesliga for 2 consecutive years scoring 49 goals in the process and same guy who was joint best scorer of 2010 World Cup qualifiers playing for bloody Bosnia. You don't do that if you're not bloody good. And he was bloody good.

This point people keep missing over and over again. This isn't some mid 20's player who hasn't proved himself before. He's done it multiple times in the past playing for a crappy Wolfsburg team with which he won title as well.

But he lost his self-confidence completely and misses many of them nowadays, nothing that wouldn't be fixed in a month if perspective would be different.

On the end, he'll continue to divide "the world" and we'll see quite a few of threads like this one for at least few months more as that circle would never end.. he won't have regular time, that will affect his game and his football won't make anyone excited but he'll still score quite enough for other half to fight first one.

Again, to me it really does come down to people not appreciating the difference in style. You'll never get a ground game that is equivalent of that of Aguero and Tevez, however you'll get better aerial threat, more physical battles and at times even the ground game looks quite decent. The sad part is that he'll most likely reach 15 goals or so once again(without getting so many starts) yet he'll still not be liked. That would be 4th year in a row where he's reached 15 goals or so and still has to prove he's good enough.

St Helens Blue (Exiled) said:
The views of Edin on here for me do not reflect what people honestly think at the game.

Poor first touch,doesn't put himself about as surely a big fella should. Plenty of moand and groans yesterday
This

ElanJo said:
Big critic of Edin (tho at games I always give him my full support) but he played very well yesterday. Couple of shitty moments but far, far outweighed by the good. Great movement for his goal and was unlucky not to get another couple but Milner and Kolarov both picked the wrong option.

Deserves to keep his place (redundant as it is with Mario and Kun both out)

Nice post mate! It's not about saying he didn't make mistakes (there were some), it's whether he did more good than bad (it should always be like that)...I was listening to Platt's comments after the game and i'm pretty sure he said "Dzeko also had a very good game" (even though reporter said something like how did you like Tevez and Yaya's game) and so i pay more attention to what coaches think. Also nice to hear that those at the game are giving all the support...Even though Kolarov was quite poor i'd have a hard time booing him as he's still our player and it's Roberto's job to sub him off if he's not playing well...so i kept saying come on Roberto sub him off but it never happened and it was quite frustrating watching him do very little on either end.

I was at the game, and I honestly think he had a good game, and so did a lot of people around me.

Look, people can argue about his ability all they want, but they can't argue his scoring record. Just like van Nistelrooy, or Higuain. They're not the best technically, but they scored. Why do people have a problem with that?

To be honest, I never got the hatred at all. Every player has a bad game now and then and it's stupid how most get a pass but Dzeko is villified forever for every little thing he does wrong.

Dzeko's Right Boot said:

I was at the game, and I honestly think he had a good game, and so did a lot of people around me.

Look, people can argue about his ability all they want, but they can't argue his scoring record. Just like van Nistelrooy, or Higuain. They're not the best technically, but they scored. Why do people have a problem with that?

I don't that's for sure. Over the past year he's scored some damn important goals for us and I for one am very grateful.

-- Sun Sep 02, 2012 9:01 am --

Dzeko's Right Boot said:

I don't that's for sure. Over the past year he's scored some damn important goals for us and I for one am very grateful.<br /><br />-- Sun Sep 02, 2012 9:01 am --<br /><br />
Dzeko's Right Boot said:

I don't that's for sure. Over the past year he's scored some damn important goals for us and I for one am very grateful.

Mancio said:
dex2010 said:
Mancio said:
would you have mario or carrol ?

is dzeko better than carrol ?

if your answer will be "yes" please say in what TA
Hell yes!both Mario and Edin are better than carrol! better at everything! wtf has Carrol got to do with us anyway

Dzeko is better than carrol in what? . specific please
Insinuating that Carroll is better than Dzeko is bad even for you Mancio.

FlatlineMonday said:
Danielmanc said:
SWP's back said:
You're right, he is the best 4th striker going and we are lucky to have him doing that.

But I have never heard boos, home or away and I doubt you do on your stream.

Never heard anyone boo Edin at The Etihad.

No other team in the UK has a better 3rd / 4th choice striker in my opinion

He's a better 2nd choice striker than most others in england
Possibly though we shouldn't be comparing ourselves with "most" but a select few in Europe. And Edin is a better 4th than anyone else's.

I thought Dzeko played well yesterday, got a deserved goal and an assist for Tevez.

Hope he starts v Stoke.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.