Can we cut Edin a break?

This thread was not about "stopping the criticism" like some are making it out to be. There's plenty of criticism to go about Dzeko at times...but key word is AT TIMES. And it is fair.

Other times - it's utter garbage. There ARE people on here for whom he can NEVER play well, which is utter shit. There are people who actually criticised him during his 4 goal performance at WHL. That's what this thread is about.

Some people say bosnian fans are "obsessed" with Edin. Well, likewise - some of the forum members' disliking of the guy is just as obsessive...like someone said - to the point of sickness.

There cannot be a single positive post about Edin without 5-6 regulars coming in to spoil it. If we had a "happy birthday Edin" thread - some of these guys would come in to diss him. Ridiculous really.

And all this for a guy who could be almost guaranteed nuber 1 or 2 striker for a handfull of good EPL teams (the likes of Arsenal, Liverpool, Tottenham come to mind instantly).

EaglesFan said:
This thread was not about "stopping the criticism" like some are making it out to be. There's plenty of criticism to go about Dzeko at times...but key word is AT TIMES. And it is fair.

Other times - it's utter garbage. There ARE people on here for whom he can NEVER play well, which is utter shit. There are people who actually criticised him during his 4 goal performance at WHL. That's what this thread is about.

Some people say bosnian fans are "obsessed" with Edin. Well, likewise - some of the forum members' disliking of the guy is just as obsessive...like someone said - to the point of sickness.

There cannot be a single positive post about Edin without 5-6 regulars coming in to spoil it. If we had a "happy birthday Edin" thread - some of these guys would come in to diss him. Ridiculous really.

And all this for a guy who could be almost guaranteed nuber 1 or 2 striker for a handfull of good EPL teams (the likes of Arsenal, Liverpool, Tottenham come to mind instantly).

Good post EF. A buddy of mine was saying the other day how your average fan is just so clueless when it comes to overall ability to see the game. Basically anything that is very obviously good to everyone they'll praise, other than that it's just a lot of generalizations and bs that can be pointed at 99% of the league's players. You get a lot of people ignoring statistics and pointing out what they "feel". It's quite sad actually.

The guys who sit behind me, can not stand him you would have thought he was a child murder such is their dislike. They wait for his first mistake and they are off ranting like the the two guys in the Muppet show. He is our number 3/4 striker and we are lucky to have him in that position, he scores goals and he is our plan b if he wasn't we wouldn't be champions. Now I know he is not Aguero but he wears blue and while he does he deserves a break.

Fucking love Dzeko. Any player who scores a last minute equalizer which helps your team to go on and win the league is a legend in my eyes - no matter how good a player he is (and he is good despite what some people make out)!

Play to his strengths and we have a real asset on our hands. The guys a confidence player clearly, he deserves our full support.

ayrshire_blue said:
Fucking love Dzeko. Any player who scores a last minute equalizer which helps your team to go on and win the league is a legend in my eyes - no matter how good a player he is (and he is good despite what some people make out)!

Play to his strengths and we have a real asset on our hands. The guys a confidence player clearly, he deserves our full support.

Well said pal.

We have yet to see the best of Dzeko. When he gets a run of games, and plays with confidence he will be scoring at will, just like at Wolfsburg. Despite all the goals he's scored already for City, the only time I saw him play with 100% confidence was Spurs away when he scored 4 goals. That is the Dzeko that dominated the German league. If there is one fault with Dzeko is that he lacks arrogance that all top strikers have. He should be more confident in his abilities.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mJeXLetniKI[/youtube]

Thanks BD, great video but then I didn't need that to tell me Edin is pure class. Its a shame that he has sergio and carlos ahead of him at the moment, really wish we could accommodate him on a regular basis. As for the dimwits who just sit there waiting for his next mistake to slag him off they just need to chill and remember we didn't win the title without him.

OP you are spot on in your comments.

Having watched City for over 50 years Edin is one of the best strikers we have, and it was his introduction against QPR and his goal that changed that day in May.

I go occasionally to watch the team train and met him briefly. You could not want to meet a nicer bloke. He really needs a long run in the team and we will see his true qualities.

He could go on to to be a City great.

ayrshire_blue said:

Spot on.

No player is beyond criticism and Dzeko at times does look awkward. However he was bought presumably to score goals and this is what he does. I find comments likes he's crap etc embarrasing.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.