Can We Opt Out Of Europa League?

Isn't it a little arrogant? To win the Euro-League is more than having nothing on the end of the day. You get international recognition with it - even if less than at the Champions League. But to win it certainly is better than to fall out at the end of the final 16th or 8th of the CL.

I guess you already have a couple of that kind of throphies in your trophy cupboard, or? Actually - if you want to be a big club you do not have to have a set of CL trophies - you have to have a full set of all the cups. The traditional clubs all have a cup of cup winners, too.

I remember a Bayern year were a lot of people were glad that at least one thing was one that year - the Uefa Cup...

The winners in Uefa Cup - there are some prominent winners:

This year it could get a difficult challenge... - it might be 3 English clubs going for it, some of the Oil-Money-Clubs... plus the Schalke Eurofighters ( I guess Raul does not really mind to get another kind of trophy after his 3 CL titles). Might be interesting this year.

Not read all of this thread as I'v seen so many similar ones it's getting a bit mundane now but, as has been posted all over Bluemoon, we are not out of the CL yet - could be some more 'Roy of the Rovers' stuff to come yet ;)
If we go into the Europa League then I'd expect to see the best effort go into that competition;
Imagine if Stoke got to the final and their opponents were City? (not meaning to be disrespectful to Stoke of course)
Or to put it another way, Chill.....

rickmcfc said:
If we drop down into the Europa League, can we opt out of it all together? Dont get me wrong, it would be great to win it, but its a nothing cup and will seriously hamper our league chances which i feel is much more important. If we can, i say get out asap. If we cant do that, is there any rule which states we must play a certain % of players who were in the Champions League Squad? If there isnt, i would put out the EDS squad and have the first team focus on the league. Thoughts?

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=niP-uHBg-pU[/youtube]

- is all I have to say about that.

stupid_thread.gif

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.