can we see some youth please

pudge said:
Ray78 said:
pudge said:
That lasted 30 seconds at max if I recall.

I don't see how that relates to the situation I referred to. You're old username is becoming a bit clearer.

It means they don't have much of a chance in first team football who ever is in charge. And less of the insulting comments.
Really? Because I remembering even Guidetti getting games in the cup under Mancini, Weiss with Hughes etc.

In that scenario against Palace, present one valid reason as to why Sinclair should have come on ahead of Ambrose. That was a golden opportunity to give a young player some experience with little to no risk.

Less of the edits then, as it's hard to keep up when you're effectively posting twice when someone's replying to the first one.

Aston Villa were interested in signing Sinclair on loan and it was one of a few occasions where we could give him some minutes to get him off the wage books.

Ray78 said:
pudge said:
Ray78 said:
It means they don't have much of a chance in first team football who ever is in charge. And less of the insulting comments.
Really? Because I remembering even Guidetti getting games in the cup under Mancini, Weiss with Hughes etc.

In that scenario against Palace, present one valid reason as to why Sinclair should have come on ahead of Ambrose. That was a golden opportunity to give a young player some experience with little to no risk.

Less of the edits then, as it's hard to keep up when you're effectively posting twice when someone's replying to the first one.

The likes of Guidetti and Weiss were never seen again.
The point isn't every young player is going to be the new Messi and be a cornerstone in our team for 10-15 years.

It's about giving them an opportunity, an incentive. Bringing someone like Ambrose into the first team squad and then having the luxury of a 3 goal lead, at home, with 10 minutes to go to only go and keep him on the bench is not going to fill him with confidence. Sinclair was "never going to make it" at City but he got game time.

We don't have to start Pozo, Barker etc every week but if presented with a chance to play them at some point for however long, then why not?

Again, in that golden chance vs Palace, there's no argument to defend the sub of Sinclair over Ambrose, none. It was rather damning. Yes, Aston Villa based their signing of Sinclair on loan based on his 7 minute cameo against Palace, genius from Pellegrini. Fuckin' hell.

So, again serious question, if you could sit down for a chat with Vieira, you think he would honestly say that none of his EDS squad are good enough to play for the first team?

pudge said:
Ray78 said:
pudge said:

The point isn't every young player is going to be the new Messi and be a cornerstone in our team for 10-15 years.

It's about giving them an opportunity, an incentive. Bringing someone like Ambrose into the first team squad and then having the luxury of a 3 goal lead, at home, with 10 minutes to go to only go and keep him on the bench is not going to fill him with confidence. Sinclair was "never going to make it" at City but he got game time.

We don't have to start Pozo, Barker etc every week but if presented with a chance to play them at some point for however long, then why not?

Again, in that golden chance vs Palace, there's no argument to defend the sub of Sinclair over Ambrose, none. It was rather damning.

And we had a player on our books who was signed to meet the HG rules set in place during FFPR monitoring period.

johnnytapia said:
Cheadle_hulmeBlue said:
johnnytapia said:
There’s a reason we won the league cup last season, the league too, got to an FA cup final the year before, won the league before that and got to league cup semi final, won the FA cup before that and league cup semi year before that. And a reason Chelsea will win the league this year as well as league cup.

And it ain’t fucking around with the first team just so we can see if Brandon Barker can cut it. He can’t. If he could, he’d have been given serious match time. Pellegrini, Mancini, Mourhino - none of them, not a single one of them puts the outside chance of a youngster making it before the nuts and bolts of football: winning. And winning trophies. Lots of trophies.

This nonsense that there’s a hidden pool of untapped talent just waiting to be mined - utter delusion. They are not good enough. It really is that simple.

How in any way would playing someone like barker for ten minutes at the end of game we are winning 3-0 fuck up the season hahaha

right then no young player will ever be good enough, we may swell scrap the academy now. No one including me has said anywhere in any posts lets risk the premier league or the fa cup just so we can play a youngster, but maybe we could put one on the bench of play just one in a cup game.

We get luton in the cup play a full strength side and bring on angelino for twenty minutes, wheres the risk in that.

Okay, one last time: they are not good enough. As in, they……..are…..not….good…..enough.

If you think we should play Barker for ten mins when we’re 3 up, fine, go for it, keep banging that drum. I’ll stick to the tried and tested formula that’s seen us win pot after pot in the last four years. I’m sure the club would be delighted to hear from you if you’ve a list of undiscovered geniuses that have hitherto gone unnoticed by the world’s elite managers...

so why build a fucking youth campus and bring in top football coaches with the best facilities if your saying just spend very big money on players and winning silverware each season its just not Manchester city

I would not let my son go anywhere near the campus if your saying crap like that and why would the best young player want to come to Manchester city if you not going to be given a chance at first team football how can you sell it to the mums and dads and say look your son will get a chance

its not all about winning silverware its about manchester city football club it will still be here well after all the money runs out then what back to the banks with cap in hands so we can spend daft money on somebody else who come from another youth setup

Ray78 said:
pudge said:
Ray78 said:

Again, in that golden chance vs Palace, there's no argument to defend the sub of Sinclair over Ambrose, none. It was rather damning.

And we had a player on our books who was signed to meet the HG rules set in place.
What?

pudge said:
Ray78 said:
pudge said:

And we had a player on our books who was signed to meet the HG rules set in place.
What?

Read the edits.

bellsouth said:
So, again serious question, if you could sit down for a chat with Vieira, you think he would honestly say that none of his EDS squad are good enough to play for the first team?

No, mainly because some of them ARE good enough for our squad.

Our squad this season includes Dedryck Boyata, Richard Wright, Scott Sinclair, and John Guidetti as part of our registered 25.

Last season I seem to think we even put Alex Nimley in there.

The idea that "there's no room" or that "they aren't good enough to replace members of the current squad" is asinine.

We are still forced to sign the likes of Wilshere, Barkley, Sterling and Roberts.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.