Cannabis

johnmc said:
TheMightyQuinn said:
johnmc said:
But people don't get jack Daniels or Stella tattoos do they?

What's your point?

I've seen dutch people with weed tattoos and it's legal for them.

I haven't a point. It was a question? Why. Why do people have weed tattoos but not alcohol, cocaine, heroine tattoos?
I've got city tattoos, just a different mind set. Let them get on with it, hurts no one.

Legalise all drugs

Instead of wasting millons trying to stop people taking them, spend the money on education and rehab if required.

And if people want tatts etc then thats fine with me. It really isnt my problem

johnmc said:
St Helens Blue (Exiled) said:
johnmc said:
Not got anything against anyone smoking it at all. Smoked a fair bit of it in my youth.

But what's the deal with people thinking it's a badge of honour. Seen several people with various different ganja items. T shirts, lighters, tobacco tins and that's harmless enough I suppose. But seen several people with tattoos recently.

What's the deal with that. You wouldn't tattoo yourself with a picture of a strongbow 3 litre bottle if you were an alky or a syringe if you were a crack head. Why do weed smokers think it some sort of status?
Each to there own i say mate..

Of course. I'm not going to tell anyone what to do. Just wondering why this practice seems common place with weed smokers. Like you can buy a sovereign type ring with a ganja leaf on it. You would get one with a bag of Charles or a white lightning on.

It just seems some weed smokers seem they should tell everyone they are. You get that to an extent with other drugs, people bragging about it, but I've not seen tattoos to say as much.
If you make it, some daft **** will buy it.

andyhinch said:
johnmc said:
TheMightyQuinn said:
What's your point?

I've seen dutch people with weed tattoos and it's legal for them.

I haven't a point. It was a question? Why. Why do people have weed tattoos but not alcohol, cocaine, heroine tattoos?
I've got city tattoos, just a different mind set. Let them get on with it, hurts no one.

It's different a different scenario for me. But I've never said they can't have them, never said I had a problem with people smoking weed. And josh, you have a cocaine tattoo??

neoblue said:

You do see cocaine tee shirts etc but it's likely down to marketing. The weed leaf is a recognisable emblem where as there isn't a uniform logo for other substances so it's harder to market to the masses.

There is an element of rebellion involved but I'd say it's the same demographic as alcohol, teenagers 14-20 etc.

Anyone trying to look cool or hard with drugs who's older than 16/17 is a bit of a tit but the same animal as the guys who tell you exactly how many units they drank on their crazy night out.

I'm open about it on here but in my personal life, not everyone knows I smoke as it's still frowned upon in some circles and it makes for an easier existence to be discrete.

TheMightyQuinn said:
neoblue said:

The weed leaf is a recognisable emblem where as there isn't a uniform logo for other substances so it's harder to market to the masses.

That's a fair point about it having one recognisable emblem.

I doubt people would bother if they did legalise though.

TheMightyQuinn said:
neoblue said:

You do see cocaine tee shirts etc but it's likely down to marketing. The weed leaf is a recognisable emblem where as there isn't a uniform logo for other substances so it's harder to market to the masses.

There is an element of rebellion involved but I'd say it's the same demographic as alcohol, teenagers 14-20 etc.

Anyone trying to look cool or hard with drugs who's older than 16/17 is a bit of a tit but the same animal as the guys who tell you exactly how many units they drank on their crazy night out.

I'm open about it on here but in my personal life, not everyone knows I smoke as it's still frowned upon in some circles and it makes for an easier existence to be discrete.
Particularly agree with your last bit mate. I certainly wouldn't broadcast it at work for instance, strictly at home after kiddies bedtime.

neoblue said:
TheMightyQuinn said:
neoblue said:

Particularly agree with your last bit mate. I certainly wouldn't broadcast it at work for instance, strictly at home after kiddies bedtime.

Yeah, in my social circles everyone knows pretty much but work wise or family wise it's a need to know basis.

Probably a bit behind the times here, but what is the legal stance with this?
I dont smoke, tobacco or weed etc, but I thought it had been classified quite low now meaning an almost "tolerance" approach to smoking it?
Often see people smoking a joint in the street and nobody bats an eyelid anymore.
Would the police bother with a "smoker" walking along Deansgate say or would they not be arsed?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.