Can't Wait for The Summer Departure of...

Solihull Samba Boys said:
gooney said:
Tevez is an awesome player....his weakness is he's not very tactical in his play. As a lone striker, he comes far too deep to collect the ball and that makes it harder for his team mates to find space. sure his numbers are there for everyone to see, but is he hindering the other two forwards to get in great positions as he drops deep and the defenders can push forward. if he mixed his game a bit more and drag defenders with him, there would be more space for others

His dropping deep was frustrating, that's what I forgot to add, but you know what you get with Carlos Tevez. I think Carlos and Mario would work excellently together because Mario hangs around the penalty area a lot more and looks to play on the shoulder at times. On Tuesday he always looked to get the ball over the top of the Villa defence. Today when Tevez dropped deep we had only Yaya in the box to aim for, allowing an energetic Blackpool side to regroup.

However, cast your minds back to the 2007/08 season. Rooney and Tevez were the recognised strikers over the road in Stretford, and both said players love to drop deep to get the ball. At the start of that season United struggled for goals and people questioned whether the rags would score enough with this partnership/type of strikers. Then a certain enigmatic forward stepped up to the plate. A young man who had previously been vilified for his petulance, inconsistency, and low workrate. Everyone, though, could see he had great potential, and the guy himself knew it. Cocky twat. This guy loved to cut in from out wide and was/is a sublime finisher. Could take a cool penalty and a mean free kick too. He scored 42 goals in all competitions that season, and the rest is history.

Mario and Tevez could be a fantastic partnership, they've already linked up well on occasions this season despite hardly playing together. I just fear we might not see them together after this summer, I think it would be a loss to football as a spectacle.

and whose fault is that......

disco dancer said:
Bigga said:
Interesting. People who don't understand simple things. That's fine. Clearly, you don't watch the actual game or watch what goes on around the man. That's fine.

I have an opinion that is based upon WATCHING football and not Tévez's famed 'work rate'.

Ta.

If you actually watched football and understood it you wouldnt be carrying on with your cringeworthy arguement. The fact we've scored a few goals in games when tevez hasnt played is more down to poor oppisition than us being 'more expansive without tevez'. I prefer to look at how many match winning goals tevez has scored and how he plays, he is the main point of are team, the one when chips are down comes up with the goods most the time, the job he does upfront pressuring defenders cant be under estimated.

If your fantasy views were in anyway true do you not think mancini would of identified this? Why would he make someone who weakens are team captain? the whole point of signing dzeko is so that we'll get even more out of tevez.

I'd hate to think where we'd be without tevez again this season, we'd of finished mid table last year.

LOL!! Do you REALLY believe the pursuit of Dzeko is to be Tévez's foil??

LOL!! Brilliant! Fooking brilliant... PMSL!!

Balti said:
Solihull Samba Boys said:
His dropping deep was frustrating, that's what I forgot to add, but you know what you get with Carlos Tevez. I think Carlos and Mario would work excellently together because Mario hangs around the penalty area a lot more and looks to play on the shoulder at times. On Tuesday he always looked to get the ball over the top of the Villa defence. Today when Tevez dropped deep we had only Yaya in the box to aim for, allowing an energetic Blackpool side to regroup.

However, cast your minds back to the 2007/08 season. Rooney and Tevez were the recognised strikers over the road in Stretford, and both said players love to drop deep to get the ball. At the start of that season United struggled for goals and people questioned whether the rags would score enough with this partnership/type of strikers. Then a certain enigmatic forward stepped up to the plate. A young man who had previously been vilified for his petulance, inconsistency, and low workrate. Everyone, though, could see he had great potential, and the guy himself knew it. Cocky twat. This guy loved to cut in from out wide and was/is a sublime finisher. Could take a cool penalty and a mean free kick too. He scored 42 goals in all competitions that season, and the rest is history.

Mario and Tevez could be a fantastic partnership, they've already linked up well on occasions this season despite hardly playing together. I just fear we might not see them together after this summer, I think it would be a loss to football as a spectacle.

and whose fault is that......

Exactly. Unfortunately he seems to have burnt a few bridges with the fans, one can only wonder what his team mates think of the whole saga.

Bigga said:
disco dancer said:
If you actually watched football and understood it you wouldnt be carrying on with your cringeworthy arguement. The fact we've scored a few goals in games when tevez hasnt played is more down to poor oppisition than us being 'more expansive without tevez'. I prefer to look at how many match winning goals tevez has scored and how he plays, he is the main point of are team, the one when chips are down comes up with the goods most the time, the job he does upfront pressuring defenders cant be under estimated.

If your fantasy views were in anyway true do you not think mancini would of identified this? Why would he make someone who weakens are team captain? the whole point of signing dzeko is so that we'll get even more out of tevez.

I'd hate to think where we'd be without tevez again this season, we'd of finished mid table last year.

of course it is, when tevez makes his runs into space, we miss a focal point, when tevez drags defenders everywhere, we dont really have anyone exploiting the space. The only bad point about tevez sometimes is that he drifts away from the upfront when playing up there on his own leaving us no one up top. Tevez's movement is top class and we dont really exploit it as much we should.

Anyway mancini seems to rate tevez, so think I'll take his opinion over yours if you dont mind

disco dancer said:
Bigga said:

of course it is, when tevez makes his runs into space, we miss a focal point, when tevez drags defenders everywhere, we dont really have anyone exploiting the space. The only bad point about tevez sometimes is that he drifts away from the upfront when playing up there on his own leaving us no one up top. Tevez's movement is top class and we dont really exploit it as much we should.

Anyway mancini seems to rate tevez, so think I'll take his opinion over yours if you dont mind

there is only one position where tevez want play : centre forward.

ubfortunally there is only one position where dzeko can play : centre forward.

so they never ever can play together

disco dancer said:
Bigga said:

Quality!! LOL!! Did you watch MotD?? We had two players, often, in support of the pass from him. SIGNIFICANTLY, the through ball that Touré put through to him, he was not joined in attack in crucial support. Why...?

Cos nobody was getting the pass and they knew it.

Great. Thirteen pages slaughtering one of our own while we sit joint top of the league.

Just what we need...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.