Can't Wait for The Summer Departure of...

Mancio said:
disco dancer said:
of course it is, when tevez makes his runs into space, we miss a focal point, when tevez drags defenders everywhere, we dont really have anyone exploiting the space. The only bad point about tevez sometimes is that he drifts away from the upfront when playing up there on his own leaving us no one up top. Tevez's movement is top class and we dont really exploit it as much we should.

Anyway mancini seems to rate tevez, so think I'll take his opinion over yours if you dont mind

there is only one position where tevez want play : centre forward.

ubfortunally there is only one position where dzeko can play : centre forward.

so they never ever can play together

We'll play both up there, tevez roaming about with dzeko playing as the main focal point.

Dzeko
Tevez

Barry Silva yaya

De jong

Thats how I think mancini will line up when he can if he gets dzeko, obviously ballotelli, johnson could give in meaning we can be more flexible with formations and change if things are going right but I think that'll be his strongest front line up

Sigh said:
SalfordCityBlue said:
Great. Thirteen pages slaughtering one of our own while we sit joint top of the league.

Just what we need...

Pretty fucking rotten show, ain't it?

So, it's wrong to discuss wanting CT to pass more at crucial times??

Mm. Well, we can all hope for Rosy Discussions in the future. I prefer to still discuss improvements on team play. You can choose to see the 'cup half empty'.

I'd rather talk about this stuff at a win, than when/ if we dropped two points because of it.

Bigga said:
nashark said:
Skysports just awarded him that.

I really am dumbstruck by the shit people write. Tevez being selfish and not playing for the team deserves a special mention. To those who wrote that, notably Bigga and Damocles, I ask:

On the pitch, Tevez is widely regarded as being one of the most hardworking players in the Premier League. Why do think he puts in such a shift when we've not got the ball? For himself? Or does football only begin when you're in possession? Why, if he is so selfish, is he known for being so hardworking?

The problem with football these days is that it's too accessible. Everyone's got an opinion regardless of how informed they are to make that opinion.

You seem to misunderstand the point driven home, so I'll put it in simplistic terms more ready to think about...

On average, we're scoring perhaps 1.7 goals a game, thus our goals for/ against is not as good as it could be with the talent we have.

Should we be level on points, come the end of the season, the score tally will be our undoing. We had a great chance to really ram home the fact that we are full of goals and the 'top teams' will have to keep scoring lots to keep us at bay should goals matter. We are FOURTH in those terms and one or two games over The Arse, The Scum and The Rent Boys.

Goals matter as well as points as we get into the nitty gritty, is my opinion.

You said 'Tevez plays for himself'. I don't know how many ways I can interpret that.

So, will you please answer my questions?

disco dancer said:
Mancio said:
there is only one position where tevez want play : centre forward.

ubfortunally there is only one position where dzeko can play : centre forward.

so they never ever can play together

We'll play both up there, tevez roaming about with dzeko playing as the main focal point.

Dzeko
Tevez

Barry Silva yaya

De jong

Thats how I think mancini will line up when he can if he gets dzeko, obviously ballotelli, johnson could give in meaning we can be more flexible with formations and change if things are going right but I think that'll be his strongest front line up

nope mate , you cant play two centre forward in that manner if you play also a trequartista (silva) and a central attacking midfielder (yaya). 3 of them would play in the same zone. you instead can if you play 4-4-1-1 , but this isnt mancini set up.

Dont know if you are takin the piss or not just got back to Durham on the train cant be bothered to read the full thread but wot more do u fuckers want for fucks sake. And yes iam a bit pissed

today aside, you can't really argue with tevez's shot-to-goal ratio. however, i think the number of times he runs into dead-ends instead of looking up and passing is stopping us from scoring four, five or six a game à la chelsea earlier in the season.

Bigga said:
So, it's wrong to discuss wanting CT to pass more at crucial times??

Mm. Well, we can all hope for Rosy Discussions in the future. I prefer to still discuss improvements on team play. You can choose to see the 'cup half empty'.

I'd rather talk about this stuff at a win, than when/ if we dropped two points because of it.

Your thread title is completely at odds with your protestations mate. How are you 'discussing wanting CT to pass more'? by saying you can't wait for him to leave?

It's a hatchet job. An admittedly insignificant one, but nonetheless.

Uncalled for and unnecessary.

nashark said:
Bigga said:
You seem to misunderstand the point driven home, so I'll put it in simplistic terms more ready to think about...

On average, we're scoring perhaps 1.7 goals a game, thus our goals for/ against is not as good as it could be with the talent we have.

Should we be level on points, come the end of the season, the score tally will be our undoing. We had a great chance to really ram home the fact that we are full of goals and the 'top teams' will have to keep scoring lots to keep us at bay should goals matter. We are FOURTH in those terms and one or two games over The Arse, The Scum and The Rent Boys.

Goals matter as well as points as we get into the nitty gritty, is my opinion.

You said 'Tevez plays for himself'. I don't know how many ways I can interpret that.

So, will you please answer my questions?

Your first 'question' is almost rhetorical in its form, so re-phrase it. The second form is stupid(no offence) as it's still football as a result! Your third is the most prevalent.

I could answer it by 'Dickov' as an answer, but I won't. Again, I repeat(for some reason) that I concur he's a great footballer. He's got some awesome skills(so do ball jugglers), he runs around the pitch(I've at no point had an argument with this!!).

His choices in front of goal(my ENTIRE POINT) suck to fook, when he's off form or on it. It's very rare he allows someone else to score. It's here and there.

His assists, ironically, would be double whilst maintaining his own tally, IF he widened his options in front of goal.

Mancio said:
disco dancer said:

Dzeko
Tevez

Barry Silva yaya

De jong

nope mate , you cant play two centre forward in that manner if you play also a trequartista (silva) and a central attacking midfielder (yaya). 3 of them would play in the same zone. you instead can if you play 4-4-1-1 , but this isnt mancini set up.

The three of them are 'playing in the same zone' under the current system anyway.

I don't want to sound rude about this, but watching a game on the internet there are lots of things you cannot see and pick up. Toure, Tevez and Silva are often playing in the same areas. In fact, it would not be too outlandish to suggest that when City are in possession, not chasing a long ball after being under the cosh, those three have no proper positions.

For most of the game against Villa, albeit with Balotelli playing in Tevez's position, Toure spent most of his time in the 'centre forward position.

There is an argument for saying that Mancini won't play those three and Dzeco as it compromise other areas of the team. But that argument certainly isn't based around those three players getting in the way of each other.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.