Can't Wait for The Summer Departure of...

Utter bollocks of a title!

The guy has got us where we are today!!..I can't actually believe i'm reading this

JoeMercer'sWay said:
Bigga said:
Thank you guys.

It really IS that simple.

so you still want him to leave right? after all that's what your thread title says...

For me? Yeah, I'd be shot of him. I'd rather a player love my club than hold it to failed ransom and not apologise.

But, mainly, I'd like an intelligent player that knows he ain't gonna score every time and feed other players that could score too.

But, then, that's just me.

Mancio said:
JohnMaddocksAxe said:
The three of them are 'playing in the same zone' under the current system anyway.

I don't want to sound rude about this, but watching a game on the internet there are lots of things you cannot see and pick up. Toure, Tevez and Silva are often playing in the same areas. In fact, it would not be too outlandish to suggest that when City are in possession, not chasing a long ball after being under the cosh, those three have no proper positions.

For most of the game against Villa, albeit with Balotelli playing in Tevez's position, Toure spent most of his time in the 'centre forward position.

There is an argument for saying that Mancini won't play those three and Dzeco as it compromise other areas of the team. But that argument certainly isn't based around those three players getting in the way of each other.

mate i watch the games on a 50" HD thanks to sky italy. its not as to be at the stadium but its not as to watch a fucking streming in a 7" window ;)

with balotelli playing centre forward yaya and silva has space becouse the guy often go wide even without the ball and when he get the ball he quikly pass the ball back or wide , while tevez rarely , very very rarely go wide becouse he like come back to get the ball and then he like run with the boll , and this strangles the team play building.

With respect, that is a totally false statement and exactly what I am talking about when I say you cannot always get a true tactical picture of a game watching it on tv.

True, Tevez may often attempt to dribble more than someone like Balotelli, but to suggest that he only ever sets up camp in the centre or drops back to the halfway line where he demands the ball is just silly.

One of the most frustrating aspects of City's play at times this season has been good play in the channels only for there to be too few players in the centre to capitalise on it. Tevez, more often than not, being a player missing from the centre because he is involved in the play out wide or has made a run into the channel, vacating the traditional centre forward position.

(Not that it bother me too much anyway as more and more, the team are finding other ways to deal with this issue)

Bigga said:
JoeMercer'sWay said:
so you still want him to leave right? after all that's what your thread title says...

For me? Yeah, I'd be shot of him. I'd rather a player love my club than hold it to failed ransom and not apologise.

But, mainly, I'd like an intelligent player that knows he ain't gonna score every time and feed other players that could score too.

But, then, that's just me.

I could count the players we have that love the club on one hand.

Until you get me a 25 goal a year striker then I'm keeping him, sorry.

It's one thing to criticise Tevez for being too selfish on too many occasions but it's quite another to want him sold because of it.

Tevez isn't the perfect striker, his determination to score when in and around the box is second to none but this will invariably lead him to overlook other players in better positions aswell as score goals that other strikers simple don't have the drive to make a reality.

Tevez is, however, after now proving that he is a goalscorer, one of the best players on the planet. There's no question about that. The question I would have is how would he react to a manager who told him to look up and pass to a teammate more often when in and around the box? Would he hand in a transfer request?

As for Dzeko, he's not exactly the most selfless player around either. Infact one of his best goals has to be one the most selfish pieces of play I have ever seen. Brilliant goal but had it not gone in...

JoeMercer'sWay said:

Well we are, so where's the problem discussing the fact that he will probably go in the summer to help Carlos. However it would be nice, while he stays, if he'd pass to those better placed more often, rather than think of Carlos first, like he did today.

We won anyway, so time to move on ?

cleavers said:
JoeMercer'sWay said:

Well we are, so where's the problem discussing the fact that he will probably go in the summer to help Carlos. However it would be nice, while he stays, if he'd pass to those better placed more often, rather than think of Carlos first, like he did today.

Dzeko's a proven 25 goal a year Premier League striker is he?

hmmm...

unless Balotelli is our new Thierry Henry then we'll have a goalscoring gap.

JoeMercer'sWay said:

Firstly Tevez is here until June. However if he'd been more of a team player yesterday, we might not have been hanging on in the last 20 minutes. Carlos is in it for Carlos, not Manchester City, the last few weeks have shown that, today was no exception.

Second, I never mentioned the player that is not ours yet, and I've no idea if he'll get 2, 5, or 25 goals, even if we do sign him.

Maybe you'd like to read my posts before quoting ?

JoeMercer'sWay said:
cleavers said:

hmmm...

unless Balotelli is our new Thierry Henry then we'll have a goalscoring gap.

You're assuming that he will continue to score as many goals now that he has made it plain he'd rather be elsewhere and will no doubt leave asap

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.