Can't Wait for The Summer Departure of...

Ferguson launched Vanistle for exactly the same reasons to the point made by the original poster, of course the dutchman argued he had personally scored 23 goals and Fergie argued if he had squared the ten open goal opportunitys to an unmarked team-mate and the team-mate had terminated 3 of the unobstructed opportunities then the Club would have earned 4 more points and another league title...Nistleroy repeated his tally for the season and a taxi was called. Ultimately we bought Phillips, Robinho and Tevez off other clubs benches and the name of the game is improvement to the point they are on our bench.

Fat Chance said:
Ferguson launched Vanistle for exactly the same reasons to the point made by the original poster, of course the dutchman argued he had personally scored 23 goals and Fergie argued if he had squared the ten open goal opportunitys to an unmarked team-mate and the team-mate had terminated 3 of the unobstructed opportunities then the Club would have earned 4 more points and another league title...Nistleroy repeated his tally for the season and a taxi was called. Ultimately we bought Phillips, Robinho and Tevez off other clubs benches and the name of the game is improvement to the point they are on our bench.

lol.

edit: I am not laughing at you. I get your point.

I can't believe this, I think this is overreaction. Yes, Tevez IS selfish, but which striker isn't?

It eez important zat the striker score. If Tevezz eez selfish, it meanz zat he eez passionate and want to score for the team.

SkyBlueCitizen said:
I can't believe this, I think this is overreaction. Yes, Tevez IS selfish, but which striker isn't?

It eez important zat the striker score. If Tevezz eez selfish, it meanz zat he eez passionate and want to score for the team.

Nope...it's important the team score more than the opposition...when we get matched missed sitters will count dearly and spouting loads of 'Yeah but i scored' is not helpful if we get beat 2-1 with two open nets having gone begging. And we will be getting matched.

Fat Chance said:
SkyBlueCitizen said:

Nope...it's important the team score more than the opposition...when we get matched missed sitters will count dearly and spouting loads of 'Yeah but i scored' is not helpful if we get beat 2-1 with two open nets having gone begging. And we will be getting matched.
Yeah your right bout that, but I guessed that would be what Mancini would say anyway, haha :)

There's been some bloody awesome responses on this thread from those that have a decent opinion on why they think I'm wrong. Even the sh*t comments from the non thinkers have 'contributed'.

I am surprised, though, about the main explanation for Tévez's play being "that's how top strikers are" being the only defence!!

However, let me make things clear...

Again, I have no issue with his 'work rate'. That has no bearing on anything. Nobody who has an issue with my point can argue that a truly 'great striker' is ALWAYS aware of what is happening around him and utilise that situation in the best way.

Single-minded is one thing, but trying to beat 3 or 4 defenders in the box, unaware(or aware!) that you have two of your colleagues free and not choosing that option smacks of utter selfishness.

Damocles said:
Ok, lets look at this another way, let's say we replaced Tevez in our team with (off the top of my head) Rooney. Would we score MORE or LESS goals as a team?

That should be an easy one. What about Anelka? More or less goals?

Torres?

How far down the list of top strikers to you have to get before you say Tevez would provide more goals for our team? He's obviously above Berbatov, Kuyt, Chamakh and, I believe in our team, Drogba. So, he's easily good enough for a top club, the question is whether he is really in that top bracket. Pointing at goals does nothing to prove whether or not he is a top player. Darren Bent has consistently outscored Anelka, but you wouldn't say that he is a better striker.

Working from the front is great, but that's irrelevant to this conversation. The whole point I've made forever, was that he consistently chooses personal glory over team success. Running around a lot and working hard doesn't change this fact, to be honest, it plays into it more than anything.

Aye, when he tried to block a clearance by flinging himself head first, down by the corner between the South stand and the East Stand, what he was really doing was trying to score a header ;)

Bigga said:
Single-minded is one thing, but trying to beat 3 or 4 defenders in the box, unaware(or aware!) that you have two of your colleagues free and not choosing that option smacks of utter selfishness.

Well I can't argue with that.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.