Can't Wait for The Summer Departure of...

Just one thing and the only thing about tevez that annoys me with him, at times he's greedy and plays for himself.

Now i ain't calling him or having a go cause he had a bad game today, it's just the way i feel about him.

Today he made no attempt to go for a 50/50 ball with a blackpool player who was only just slightly taller than him, he kind of backed out, but moved forward to late knowing the ball would have gone by then, now if Jo would of done that the whole stadium would of shown their frustration and had a go.

i love the guy, always will, as much as hes loved and the goals he scores and the fact we signed him from the rags, doesn't make him perfect.

you could go through the whole city team and 95% of the squad you could pick one thing about their game, whether its tevez or stuart taylor it doesnt matter.

cleavers said:
JoeMercer'sWay said:
Dzeko's a proven 25 goal a year Premier League striker is he?

Firstly Tevez is here until June. However if he'd been more of a team player yesterday, we might not have been hanging on in the last 20 minutes. Carlos is in it for Carlos, not Manchester City, the last few weeks have shown that, today was no exception.

Second, I never mentioned the player that is not ours yet, and I've no idea if he'll get 2, 5, or 25 goals, even if we do sign him.

Maybe you'd like to read my posts before quoting ?

I did, and I interpreted the "well we are" as meaning we are getting a 25 goal striker ie. Dzeko, so now your first sentence doesn't make sense to me but nvm.

Carlos is in it for himself, which in a way is great because that will mean his pride won't let him be seen as an on the pitch failure, he will keep trying and wanting to score because he can't do anything else, if you get me.

Whilst yesterday him not passing cost us goal opportunities, there are many more cases of him not passing and being selfish that have single handedly won us games, so it more than evens out.

Maybe Carlos will watch the tape tomorrow with the team, have it pointed out and look up a bit more, we don't know, we just go on to the next game, hoping Silva and Balo will be fit and trying to right the wrongs that we suffered at Arsenal home.

If we are buying Dzeko, we will have to look for a way to accomodate Balo, Silva, Yaya and Carlos in the same team, unless Carlos goes in January. To bring in Dzeko to then not play him or Carlos and keep both will not only be silly as both are excellent players who could form a partnership but also kick off Carlos(our captain) again and then we will have totally unnecessary problems in the squad in our most crucial half of a season in the top league for what, 30 years?

No player is perfect, but Tevez has been brilliant for us and the best players are selfish, it's a fact of life, that's why they are so brilliant because they can do such amazing things by themself, but they have that attitude and you have to take it or leave it I'm afraid.

Tevez is top quality. Months and months of great performances is always overshadowed by 1 bad game in todays knee jerk society. Tevez is top class. Brilliant player.

Freestyler said:
Just one thing and the only thing about tevez that annoys me with him, at times he's greedy and plays for himself.

Now i ain't calling him or having a go cause he had a bad game today, it's just the way i feel about him.

Today he made no attempt to go for a 50/50 ball with a blackpool player who was only just slightly taller than him, he kind of backed out, but moved forward to late knowing the ball would have gone by then, now if Jo would of done that the whole stadium would of shown their frustration and had a go.

i love the guy, always will, as much as hes loved and the goals he scores and the fact we signed him from the rags, doesn't make him perfect.

you could go through the whole city team and 95% of the squad you could pick one thing about their game, whether its tevez or stuart taylor it doesnt matter.

Games past I'll admit I've been hesitatingly frustrated with him because of the frequency with which he refuses to make a pass to a more optimally-placed team-mate. The hesitation is a result of his scoring more often than not at some point. I think, perhaps, I have been less-than-honest in hesitating: today, his failure (partly the result of him having no left-foot, which is a grave weakness, and cost us twice today I think) could not be masked by scoring.

On the other hand, I believe I have seen defenders in (triple) number seemingly worried out of their skin precisely because he zeros-in like a laser: i.e. he acts like a bull in the proverbial, and they lose their composure, thinking, "is there something he knows that I don't know?".

I do wonder how much of Tevez the centre forward's obsession with the ball is exacerbated because he does not have a left? That is, at some point he knows he ought to lay the ball off, but he determines (honestly mind you), that it would be worse for him to pass left, than to try and keep pulling right.

His penalties: I think he got found-out today a bit From the off I noted his style is rocket, head-down. I have never said a word. It seems to work, but today, he took a very long run-up (longer than usual in my orifice) and...

Even so, if he only misses pens at this rate, I think I can put up with it.

Another thing that concerns me, is what I will call the Petrov effect. I like Mighty Martin. On the whole I think he was a positive for us. However, over time I began to wonder about his presence. Too often City would behave irrationally to get the ball to Petrov, when other, better options were available: it was as if the only idea was Petrov. IIRC one game (I can't recall the enemy, but I believe I have an accurate impression of the scene in my mind) after watching City give up on movement and imagination ounce-by-ounce, Micah had the ball on the half-way line, with open yards in-front of him and he hit a diagonal to Petrov who was double-marked and who raised his hands in disbelief. This kind of thing went on, and on though. Today, and too often, the ball is offered to Tevez even though it would be best in a given situation if it weren't: I have no idea why this is so. Is it because players feel an obligation ("He's captain, it's Tevez FFS!"), or they don't know what to do so they hope he'll sort it out?

Ramble over.

All the top top strikers are selfish at times, and so is arguably the best player in the world.. But to say that Carlos plays for himself is one of the most ridiculous comments I've ever read on here. In front of goal at times he can be, but when your goal to game ratio is as good as his at the moment, then that is to be expected and emcouraged. Off the ball he's a managers dream and no person should ever question his hunger to work hard for his teammates off the ball. Also, whilst his end product was poor today, I doubt this thread would ever have been made if Silva had slotted home a squared pass by no other than CARLOS TEVEZ. He truly is a world class footballer and I wouldn't swap him for any striker right now, he's been an amazing asset to this club and at times he has carried us.

One thing you can say about Carlos is also his ability to perform in huge matches - so here's to a goal and an assist at the Emirates.

I understand the point you're trying to make Bigga and some of it is plausible, but I think you've worded it poorly and some of what you're saying is unfair on Carlos and his footballing ability and work for the team.

Ok, lets look at this another way, let's say we replaced Tevez in our team with (off the top of my head) Rooney. Would we score MORE or LESS goals as a team?

That should be an easy one. What about Anelka? More or less goals?

Torres?

How far down the list of top strikers to you have to get before you say Tevez would provide more goals for our team? He's obviously above Berbatov, Kuyt, Chamakh and, I believe in our team, Drogba. So, he's easily good enough for a top club, the question is whether he is really in that top bracket. Pointing at goals does nothing to prove whether or not he is a top player. Darren Bent has consistently outscored Anelka, but you wouldn't say that he is a better striker.

Working from the front is great, but that's irrelevant to this conversation. The whole point I've made forever, was that he consistently chooses personal glory over team success. Running around a lot and working hard doesn't change this fact, to be honest, it plays into it more than anything.

Matty:

Carlos' pass to David ended up slightly behind David, and he was unable (he does not have a rubber foot) to compensate (wrap his foot around it), hence it flew slightly wide.

I say "ended up" because I mean to indicate no fault. Tevez the blind (apparently he's blind) was being harassed by players in motion, he was moving, the ball was moving, and Mr. Silva was at full speed. If this was a physics lab, I'd be well impressed with the result even if the experiment failed; but, as humans are involved, one or both of them are useless wankers.

That movement was a thing of beauty. The fact I am even mentioning it's failure speaks to the quality we now possess. I have spent 30 years watching players in difficulty when asked to identify that bright orange light in the sky.

Perspective.

I'd rather have him in the side than not just now. Agree with the point you make though but like many of the posters said that is the nature of many successful strikers. Personally I like the way the guy plays and in many games he has been the hardest working player on field. If he's unhappy though, its better to let him go in the summer.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.