Can't Wait for The Summer Departure of...

Bigga said:
Hell, I don't know if I can make things any clearer to people so I'm not going to try!!

All the evidence is there in front of you. The facts are indisputable for both sides of the argument(my side is well documented, but so is the fact he's top scorer).

Questions:

Is he a team player through and through?

Does he add/ diminish to/ from our goal scoring?

Does he represent the club to you?

Does he represent you, the fans?

Does the fact he's not bothered about apologising[for the behaviour of Joorabchian] for the stupid 'transfer saga' annoy you or do you just want someone to score goals regardless how the club looks?

These questions will shape where you stand for us all to see.

I don't care about off field 'politics', or at least I don't care about them as long as they don't affect a players on field performances. To my mind, Tevez must be in the running for player of the season this year, with possibly only Nasri ahead of him at the moment. I'm amazed that there are City fans out there who can't see what a pivotal part Tevez has played in our season so far, and how important he is to any potential title challenge. Still, takes all sorts I suppose.....

Bigga said:
Hell, I don't know if I can make things any clearer to people so I'm not going to try!!

All the evidence is there in front of you. The facts are indisputable for both sides of the argument(my side is well documented, but so is the fact he's top scorer).

Questions:

Is he a team player through and through?

Does he add/ diminish to/ from our goal scoring?

Does he represent the club to you?

Does he represent you, the fans?

Does the fact he's not bothered about apologising[for the behaviour of Joorabchian] for the stupid 'transfer saga' annoy you or do you just want someone to score goals regardless how the club looks?

These questions will shape where you stand for us all to see.
A lone striker's job is to score the goals. His chasing down of defenders and goalkeepers wins us so many throw-ins also.

I don't live in a dream world where I think all players love the club and the fans and haven't since my teen years.

Who would you swap him for if you don't consider him to be that good?

Tevez is a great player. one of the best.

he has a work rate that no other striker in the world has.

if you put Tevez in a mediocre team he transforms it into a very good team.

if you put Tevez in a top team he transforms it in a very good team.

The more negative responses towards Tevez that I read on this thread, the more it becomes difficult to shake the idea that this is a big attack of "footballfanitis", whereby anyone that is perceived to have insulted them or leaving their club automatically becomes $hit and a wanker.

When you consider that these 'Tevez makes us worse' views were never aired pre the recent problems, yet now there are so many willing to support them, its hard to think that they aren't influenced by that. Especially with some of the rhetoric used

if he's kickin up a stink and affecting team morale and cohesion then yeah get rid as we cant afford it. but i really doubt thats the case so am a bit baffled at some of the comments about a guy who has basically carried us to where we are right now.

away from home he's invaluable. at home i think maybe we are just coming to a realisation that our style of play is progressing and he perhaps does'nt fit that style perfectly. so maybe we just play him at home a little less or not so much against the smaller teams where our team play can create more chances and aj, balo and silva may be able to pitch in with a few more, balo especially could profit greatly from having the quality of the surrounding players that we have

no kneejerk nonsense just a slight adjustment required

Those same questions could have been asked of Tranny when at the swamp... and you'd get the same answers, however the outcome will likely to be similar. We would be a poorer side without Tevez - like they are now.

Question - What do you think when Tevez picks up the ball and runs at one/ two defenders?

a - go on lad...smash em an bury it
b - kin ell I hope there's a good pass on if the angle is a bit tight

Oohvonkyvonky said:
Those same questions could have been asked of Tranny when at the swamp... and you'd get the same answers, however the outcome will likely to be similar. We would be a poorer side without Tevez - like they are now.

Question - What do you think when Tevez picks up the ball and runs at one/ two defenders?

a - go on lad...smash em an bury it
b - kin ell I hope there's a good pass on if the angle is a bit tight

I was just thinking about how selfish he was when he picked the ball up in his own half against Chelsea, ran the length of Chelsea's half and buried it in the bottom corner. Should have passed it really :-).

Well, it does surprise me is that people think I don't rate the man. But, I do. I rate him as a striker, same as I rate Torres, Messi, David Silva etc.

Do I think he suits us? No.

Not when players like Messi and Silva contribute to the overall team scoring by giving as well as shooting.

Bigga said:
Well, it does surprise me is that people think I don't rate the man. But, I do. I rate him as a striker, same as I rate Torres, Messi, David Silva etc.

Not when players like Messi and Silva contribute to the overall team scoring by giving as well as shooting.
Messi and Silva are playmakers though. Tevez's job is to shoot/score goals as he's a striker.

Bigga said:

I think you are backtracking, or initially were attention seeking.

To suggest you long for the departure of our best player (and someone you claim to rate) doesn't make sense.

Unless you can't get over the transfer request?

To try and make an argument for Tevez leaving on footballing grounds is a nonsense, especially when you are now comparing him to Torres and Messi?

If Mancini thinks Tevez is being too 'selfish' then he will work with him in training on it.

You don't throw the Argie out with the bathwater.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.