Can't Wait for The Summer Departure of...

Bigga said:
JoeMercer'sWay said:
Messi does not play in the same position as Tevez, Messi is the right of a front 3 and he occassionally interchanges within the front 3.

No, that's a fallacy. Messi drifts across the line. His STARTING position may be just that, on the right, but his true position is similar to Tévez's, behind the main striker.

It's rather like the false assumption people had of Robinho, that he's a 'left sided player'!

That used to make me chuckle all day long.

So which main striker has Tevez been playing behind all season?

Oohvonkyvonky said:
Bigga said:
No, that's a fallacy. Messi drifts across the line. His STARTING position may be just that, on the right, but his true position is similar to Tévez's, behind the main striker.

It's rather like the false assumption people had of Robinho, that he's a 'left sided player'!

That used to make me chuckle all day long.

Give it up Bigga - You sounding silly now. Tevez plays behind the main stiker? Which one AJ or Silva???
Just do what PB done last year with Mancini and say it was just a wind up....

Are you guys seriously that dumb??

Tévez plays his best BEHIND a main striker but is better than Messi in that role, thus why when you see them play together Tévez leads the line as an alternative to Higuain/ Milito and sometimes he doesn't even make that line depending on whether Aguero gets the nod ahead of him.

Either way, both interchange with Messi, leaving the main striker open for partners. It has more or less been like this all the time.

With us, when Ade plays with him, who leads the line...?

Bigga said:
...Tévez.

If there was one player that is the antitheses to the free flowing team play that is trying be instilled into the Manchester City ethos, it is him.

Man City stop, as a team, when the ball gets to him in the penalty box. Where the lads may be willing runners for support for him for the first few attacks, the support begins to tail off in earnest after that. Our attackers now begin to look for fortunate ricochets, rather than expect the ball from him, for a simple tap in.

Silva has been there for the tap in, Yaya and probably others, that I can't recount just yet. I can't blame the under pressure Adam Johnson for not picking out Touré, as the alternative to Tévez, in the box as he merely is between a rock and a hard place on such decisions.

Man, I know people will have a go, but I see what I see and Tévez is a square peg in a round hole when it comes to team play, as a whole.

Tévez works for Tévez and no one else.

this this and this

Bigga said:
Oohvonkyvonky said:
Give it up Bigga - You sounding silly now. Tevez plays behind the main stiker? Which one AJ or Silva???
Just do what PB done last year with Mancini and say it was just a wind up....

Are you guys seriously that dumb??

Tévez plays his best BEHIND a main striker
but is better than Messi in that role, thus why when you see them play together Tévez leads the line as an alternative to Higuain/ Milito and sometimes he doesn't even make that line depending on whether Aguero gets the nod ahead of him.

Either way, both interchange with Messi, leaving the main striker open for partners. It has more or less been like this all the time.

With us, when Ade plays with him, who leads the line...?
He's been playing far better as a lone striker.

Adebayor, who's he?

Bigga said:
...Tévez.

If there was one player that is the antitheses to the free flowing team play that is trying be instilled into the Manchester City ethos, it is him.

Man City stop, as a team, when the ball gets to him in the penalty box. Where the lads may be willing runners for support for him for the first few attacks, the support begins to tail off in earnest after that. Our attackers now begin to look for fortunate ricochets, rather than expect the ball from him, for a simple tap in.

Silva has been there for the tap in, Yaya and probably others, that I can't recount just yet. I can't blame the under pressure Adam Johnson for not picking out Touré, as the alternative to Tévez, in the box as he merely is between a rock and a hard place on such decisions.

Man, I know people will have a go, but I see what I see and Tévez is a square peg in a round hole when it comes to team play, as a whole.

Tévez works for Tévez and no one else.

Total - complete and utter despair sometimes - one of best strikers in the world and u want him away

nashark said:
This is one for the classics.

What's actually funny is that you're steadfastly ignoring the fact that quite a few of us Blues agree with my main and original points. Those are the people looking for the expansion of the team, where we should be a GENUINE goal threat with the INCLUSION of Tévez, rather than without him.

Does it not make for sad facts that we compete more as a UNIT in the last third(ultimately making better decisions in and around the pen box) without him?

That's not good.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.