Cantona's Manchester derby prog - tonight ITV 10.30ish

No disrespect to anyone, but the version shown over here was always going to have more rag content as that man is an ex rag player and they want to pander to a wider base (as much as we don't like them, there are more rags in the country than blues). Quid pro quo, producers giving the audience what they think it wants.

That said, the programme (imho) did nothing to 'find the essence' of the Manchester Derby or whatever highfaluting idea it started off with. It imagine it would take at least 90 minutes to even begin to scratch the surface or indeed convey what people feel about this match.

mrt4919 said:
Eric the king........WTF ?
A song claimed by some lisping red idiot as homage to cantona and invented by him at some point in the early 90's

Spin back to 68 the only king to this tune was Colin and has been ever since through the Kippax

Love this media hype, nothing to do with truth, typical evil empire lies, if we are on tv its true to the great unwashed.....pass the sick bag

Classic Lenin , repeat and repeat and repeat, the morons will accept it as gospel.

We have called them the evil empire-the darkside-the filth, all true. I have hated the bastards with a passion since 67 and hate them as as much nowl.

Padre Pio may my prayers be answered and inspire us to destroy them by 4 clear goals and that they sink them into the abyss and never return.

Yep and it was sung all through the 70's as well, but not so much now alas:

Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeell drink a drink a drink
to colin the king the king the king
he's the leader of man city
he's the greatest,
inside forward
that the wooooooooooooorrrrlllld has ever seen

To the tune of lily the Pink by the Scaffolds.
Hope we stuff the bar stewards on wednesday night!

I thought that alleged city fan was going to get down on her knees and play the french national anthem on Cantonas cock when he walked in the kitchen

I bet her husband got a beasting that night

Lancet Fluke said:
I'd rather lick my dog's anus than watch a prog about the derby by that red twat.

it does sound quite inviting by comparison

Every fucking time there is anything about Manure on Tv that fat fucking shithouse **** Pete Burns has to get his disgusting face involved.

My brother is a rag and even he hates the attention seeking twat.

The fact that his Mrs fucked him off because of his self obsession says it all.

This is a man more concerned about selling his shitty cds to trampy potato cunts than he is about his marriage.

Like others. I watched this with the notion (according to the initial posts on this thread) that although there would be a rag bias, it would be bearable with some worthwhile Blue contribution.

How wrong I was and if the the blues who initially gave that impression saw the same programme, they should take their collective heads for a wobble. City should refuse any help for the producers of this, the longest advert in ITV history, should they ever come knocking again.

Making a (invalid) point about the rags being founded 3yrs before Ardwick was bad enough but to let that twat Boil get his council house dig in was unforgivable. Thats what you get for treating them and their cronies with respect. Classless, clueless Cnuts the lot of them.

Tick fuckin tock.
I can't wait till we ram the years of lying and cheating right back down their fuckin throats.

Its been put out this week to wind us up like we did with the Teves poster
But its also out to belittle us with things like we won the European cup just after City won the league, they are unlucky that way, and Slur Alex talking about all the money we have spent, like they never ever spent big money on wages or players.
One time they wouldnt have bothered
Now they are sh*tting themselves
Except it as the compliment it is
Its the only compliment you would ever get of a rag, you need to speak to a football fan to get a compliment

It brings out the pettiness in me, I must admit and that about the founding of the clubs had me rising to the bait.

The legal entity that is Manchester United FC created in 1902.

The legal entity that is Manchester City FC created in 1894.

So if we want to be accurate and all that.

Yeah i did think it was a bit out of order for them to basically take the piss out of us winning the league being small time because United won the European cup a week later and comments like 'poor little city no matter how hard they try they can never better united' etc, for a supposed fair and balanced documentary it all came across as a bit of a piss take exercise to me with us being the material.

Ballet On Ice said:
Its been put out this week to wind us up like we did with the Teves poster
But its also out to belittle us with things like we won the European cup just after City won the league, they are unlucky that way, and Slur Alex talking about all the money we have spent, like they never ever spent big money on wages or players.
One time they wouldnt have bothered
Now they are sh*tting themselves
Except it as the compliment it is
Its the only compliment you would ever get of a rag, you need to speak to a football fan to get a compliment

Major difference, Itv is not a poster on Deansgate, payed for by Utd. It has a licence to broadcast and a duty to ALL viewers to show impartiality.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.