Cantona's Manchester derby prog - tonight ITV 10.30ish

Honestly I can't believe any of you watched this rag shite!!

I really would rather have licked Lancet Fluke's dogs anus even though he'd had his turn first..;-)

the eastenders omnibus was on the other side ffs!!! or the strictly omnibus edition... probably.

lloydie said:
Ballet On Ice said:
Its been put out this week to wind us up like we did with the Teves poster
But its also out to belittle us with things like we won the European cup just after City won the league, they are unlucky that way, and Slur Alex talking about all the money we have spent, like they never ever spent big money on wages or players.
One time they wouldnt have bothered
Now they are sh*tting themselves
Except it as the compliment it is
Its the only compliment you would ever get of a rag, you need to speak to a football fan to get a compliment

Major difference, Itv is not a poster on Deansgate, payed for by Utd. It has a licence to broadcast and a duty to ALL viewers to show impartiality.

I was not saying it exectly the same, and when did you thing the TV was not biased, never whatched MOTD

Just saying that that at one time they wouldnt have bothered
Now we are a problem, and one thats getting bigger and bigger

Can't believe its not been mentioned yet but to add to the long list of pro rag (and factually incorrect) propaganda, we get that King Ticket Tout himself, the twat half of the Charlton Bros, not even sat in his seat but the row in front to the right so the camera could get his name on telly on the up-turned seat!

What an absolute shit that man is!!

They all deserve each other!

Dirty 'orrible shower of rancid shit that club is! Horrible history, horrible patrons, horrible fans and fookin great owners!!

TIck tock, Bobby C, tick tock, Bacon Face - its all coming to an end and there fook all you can do about it but look on with horror!

We are City.... said:
Every fucking time there is anything about Manure on Tv that fat fucking shithouse **** Pete Burns has to get his disgusting face involved.

My brother is a rag and even he hates the attention seeking twat.

The fact that his Mrs fucked him off because of his self obsession says it all.

This is a man more concerned about selling his shitty cds to trampy potato ***** than he is about his marriage.

Now that was funny...

pete_burns.jpg

Burnsy

internal_bigpic.gif

Boyley

if anybody hasn't seen it it's on the ITV website

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.itv.com/itvplayer/video/?Filter=187837" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.itv.com/itvplayer/video/?Filter=187837</a>

kippaxkid74 said:
Gary James said:
They also followed a few fans (both clubs) and they followed a female City fan whose husband is a Red. Cantona turned up in her house at one point.

Anyway, the film was made and broadcast in France at the end of May this year. Obviously, it's in French with French subtitles when someone speaks in English. I am only on for about 20 secs but they got a French football historian to talk in French about St. Marks, City's history and so on.

It's hard to tell exactly what the programme says but from what I can make out it is very fair on City and well-balanced. It does feature more Utd officials - Fergie & Giggs - but this may have been support from the clubs themselves. Nedum was interviewed for City.

Gary James said:
The Cantona programme mentioned a few weeks back on another thread is on ITV tonight. This will be the British version (I've seen the French version) so don't know if they've changed it much (probably less French language speakers and more English!).

It'll be interesting to see how it comes across.

Well it seems ITV edited out most of the City content (like you and nedum)and chose to make it a rag love in :(

I watched it cos of reading page 1 of this thread - made me think it was balanced! How can ITV get away with cutting it like this? If the one shown overseas and on planes had much more city content?!
Thy made us sound like thick backwater people with no history, like all the damn media like to do at the moment.

I'm pissed off.. it's one way to get the blood boiling for the derby though eh.
I am totally angry myself! It wasn't the same as the French version and was completely biased towards United.

I will be contacting the French people I dealt with why it became this glorification of United instead of the fairly balanced piece it was before.

I am aware that ITV were originally supposed to be showing it in May (when Canal Plus did) but they had some issues, so all I can assume is that they wanted it to be Red biased.

I am so glad that my name was removed from the programme (I was also credited with an acknowledgement in the French version, but that did not appear in the unbalanced ITV edition). I would hate to be associated with it and I can only apologise to those Blues who watched this based on my recommendation.

In my mind the original French version would be the one that was angled more towards the Reds but in truth it is our own television channel that was biased. I am not going to sit through and compare the 2 programmes but from memory the unbalanced ITV version showed a lot more United - where were City in the first 20 mins; that stuff about Utd winning the Euro & City the League wasn't in the 1st version; I dn't think the 3 years difference in birth (which is factually inaccurate) was in the French; edited out the story of City's birth (and replaced it with one inaccurate line about Ardwick); edited out some of the early coverage of City fans (they had much more on 'why Blue'); and removed Nedum. Why? Can only assume it's because an ITV exec wanted this glorification to continue.

If I hear back from France I'll let everyone know.

I saw the tv flyers for this and thought "Eric Cantona looking at the Manchester derby, what a load of shite that will be"

So i didnt watch it.

I am frankly amazed any one from the blue side of Manchester did!

ChorltonAzzurro said:
I started to watch it because Gary had said the original Canal plus programme gave a balanced view, I see that he has now distanced himself from it!...it became quite clear early on that it was just red propaganda...

I am still happy to have my name associated with the French 'more balanced' version - my anger is directed at ITV!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.