Capital One Cup Final - post match thread

Just got back from the game!! WOW!!!......WELL DONE YOU BLUESSS!!!! I will never call Willy ever again....the guy came up big when we needed!

once he was shite.....now he's alright.....He's Willy Caballero! ;)

Or he might have been trying to figure out how to make the video camera on his phone work.

He was celebrating like a fucking mentalist on the pitch. This is all completely ridiculous.
Honestly, I despair sometimes on these boards. People must have sad lives and fuck all better to do than nitpick, criticise and abuse. They have probably never heard of generosity of spirit. Worse than fucking fishwives some of them.

<blockquote class="twitter-video" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">You know the words! ⚪️ <a href="https://t.co/bu3a3w9mOo">pic.twitter.com/bu3a3w9mOo</a></p>&mdash; Manchester City FC (@mcfc) <a href="">February 28, 2016</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

here is the video of Yaya singing and dancing with every one b4 they breakup... i hope i did it right... it is right on the City Tweeter feed... can people get off his big ass now

Thought we were excellent today. This system just works for me. Dinho became less of an influence when he was shifted in field, though he probably tired a little as well.

He just does a much better job on the right. He nullifies the flank with his work rate and has a much better defensive handle on the opposition than he does when playing centrally. He also has an impact in attack, again something he doesn't really manage centrally. He was tremendous again and given how well Silva, Yaya and Fernando is working out, I think we need to stick with this system.

Defensively we looked very good, only really conceding two chances in 120 minutes. Aguero and Sterling were good although let down by bad finishing. Sterling's finishing is a worry because he has missed around 10-12 absolute sitters for us this season and it might have cost us today. His all around game and team play was very good though and I do think once he improves in front of goal we could actually have a 20-25 goal a season player on our hands. I was desperate for him to score today, although I'm glad he didn't take a penalty.

Yaya was very good again and put in a big shift. He'll take some replacing and he proved he's a man for big moments with his penalty. Silva was ok although he is still some way off his best. He was kicked out of the game today mind.

I was a bit disappointed Kelechi didn't get on although can understand the reasoning behind it. Just felt he deserved to play some part given his earlier performances but I am sure he will play for us in many finals.

Finally, thought Willy was sensational in the shoot out. Didn't feel overly convinced by him in the game but he did make a good save from Origi. He might be the best penalty saver I have ever seen. Two of those saves were out of this world. I had no faith in him prior to the shoot out because I just don't feel like he is a presence, but I hold my hands up and I'm delighted to admit I was wrong. I was so happy for him and it was ace to see how much it meant to him afterwards.

Just beyond happy to beat them lot. Shame on Klopp for lacking any grace in defeat. We missed enough chances to win three games and anyone with eyes could see that. Mignolet was class apart from his mistake and if it weren't for him and Aguero and Sterling's poor finishing, it could have been 5 or 6.

All in all, buzzing and I hope we can at least keep everyone fit so we can give this system a proper good go, and you never know, there's still a lot of points to play for.

We looked like the Mancini man city today, I loved the way we played. Credit to MP he knew if we set up how we did in the league against them they might have caused us huge problems but his tactics were 100% spot on today.

Or he might have been trying to figure out how to make the video camera on his phone work.

He was celebrating like a fucking mentalist on the pitch. This is all completely ridiculous.

+1. Witch hunt. He was probably just replying to texts or anything in his own world.

Just back - what a brilliant day - completely drained now.
I have to apologise for being so vehemently against Willy playing, still think it was a gamble, but thank God it paid off.
Today was the best of the finals for me; beating one of the established old 4 teams after all their, and the media giddiness meant so much more than the supposed "expected" wins against Stoke and Sunderland.
I think we can safely say we've had a haul of silverware now.
Well done Pelle, after all that's been said you could go on to make the parting of the ways far more difficult and confusing to take after all.

Last edited:
watch the video below, and imagine how undervalued and underloved Yaya feels after that non-celebratory moment.

Poor old Yaya; no one went celebrating with him, everyone went to hug and caress Willy!

anyway, i'm turning misery, i actually buzzin so i'm out.

Nice one City![/QUOTE]
Could have been worse, like forgetting his birthday cake.

Honestly, I despair sometimes on these boards. People must have sad lives and fuck all better to do than nitpick, criticise and abuse. They have probably never heard of generosity of spirit. Worse than fucking fishwives some of them.

It's unreal on here. A few weeks ago we were in collapse because no one celebrated with Ihanacho.
Now we've got this shite.

I honestly think some of our 'fans' work for Sky or the BBC.
Some decent fans think there'd an anti city agenda......., there is, and it's our own fans!!!

That footage would be interesting to see, especially as a photo is just a moment in time, and can mean f**k all.

here is an image

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CcU60BmW8AAazUs.jpg:large
CcU60BmW8AAazUs.jpg:large

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.