Capital One Cup Final - post match thread

Just got in. Long day but so worth it. I thought we played well today and should have won in normal time but it added to the celebrations.

Kompany and Toure were immense today.

Great win and another great day.

Well done Caballerro, well done Pellegrini and well done to the fans who I thought really backed the team today. Navas got everyone going after his pen and the rest is history.

To be fair to the dippers I thought it was a really good natured final btween the fans. Every dipper I spoke to before and after the game were fine and I didn't see any trouble at all today which is a first at Wembley.

Happy happy day to be a blue. Can't stress the importance of Vincent's presence in the team enough, we are a completely different side when he's playing! Today was another good team performance following the mid-week win and I really like how manuel's proving that the tactically inflexible tag some have given him may be more than a little harsh - his decision to play Fernandinho on the right hand side helped to nullify coutinho for the majority of the 120 minutes despite the fact he scored their equaliser. Fernando has also started to look more at home in this side and yaya had a great game in behind Sergio. I just wonder what will happen when KDB returns, will toure be dropped back and Fernando sacrificed or will Pelle drop Yaya? Somehow I can't imagine the latter will happen meaning that the defensive solidity we seem to be developing again for the first time since the opening games of the season might be sacrificed for the need to play all our 'star names'.

Nonetheless, it is looking good and this win although it is seen as a minor trophy is still another title for our history and more importantly probably at this stage is that it will give the players much needed confidence and belief at just the right time of the season, these next 12 games are all going to be 'cup finals' as we simply can't afford any more defeats, possibly one or two at most, and that's allowing for either Leicester or Tottenham to lose 9+ points which at the moment really doesn't look like happening! We better pray that Payet does a job on them when they play the hammers next week.

As for Leicester I do believe they will drop points it is more Tottenham that we should be worried about. We also can't afford to forget about Utd who if we don't beat Liverpool could be within touching distance of our position in 4th

Wilfredo Daniel Caballero
Willy01.jpg

It's him! Well, some time ago.

Very well done mate. Made my dream come true.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.