capital one owe us big time.

sunderland till i die said:
de niro said:
this tournament was running out of steam, us getting to the final will once again give it wide appeal. everyone will want to see Manchester city on the big stage.

bloody hell less than ten years ago you were a proper football club just like us and look at the attitude now

we'll enjoy the capital one cup final more than you lot, win, lose or draw

the capital one cup owes us nowt

this final means a lot more to us than you lot who will be in the bigger european competition anyway

never take anything for granted man city

the hard yards are still been done up here in sunderland

Good god man get a sense of humour and see this thread in the way its meant..

de niro said:
this tournament was running out of steam, us getting to the final will once again give it wide appeal. everyone will want to see Manchester city on the big stage.

bloody hell less than ten years ago you were a proper football club just like us and look at the attitude now

this final means a lot more to us than you lot who will be in the bigger european competition anyway

I think the OP was referring to how a lot of neutrals will watch the final to see if you can stop us playing what has been the best football I have witnessed in my lifetime, and many of us still cannot believe just how lucky we are now, having suffered the pain of relegation and many years of sub-standard football in our fairly recent past.
Sunderland fans will travel in their usual thousands and be noisy and boisterous (i still remember your lot out singing us in your last visit to Maine Road despite being three down), and would imagine quite a few of your lot having quite a few scoops but there will not be the nasty edge to the atmosphere that would have happened if the rags had been able to kick a ball 12 yards.
I dont think it is being unreasonable to suggest that West Ham Sunderland final may not have had as big a TV audience as City Sunderland, especialy if the Manchester Trafford derby had been on the same day (as it could well have if the hammers had put us out).
We know you will give us a tough game, though I think the wide open spaces of Wembley will suit our players more than yours, but....
Anyway, enjoy the final and get some points in the league between now and then to get out of the dogfight.

de niro said:

fuck me, ain't like you didn't sell out is it? Difference is you ended up with a guy who's proven for the past 5 years that whilst throwing his money in he hasn't a scooby about football, you should be a top 6/7 club regularly for a one club town with a 40,000 seater stadium and an owner who's spend as much as yours has.

We'll enjoy the cup final as much as anyone, you really think we'll take anything for granted with the shit we have to put up with at the SoL with you thieving and stealing victories year after year?

Hard yards? so tough waltzing to prem grounds isn't it? Let's hope you suffer another "Mendonca moment" at Wembley, oh look, seems like I already know more about your club than you about ours, clearly.

why would any sunderland fan think we aint going to enjoy wembley,the more you go the more you want.city in regular cup finals was nothing but a distant dream only a few years ago,with some of the shit weve whitnessed over the years,when a european trip consisted of a league game at wrexham over christmas.dont under estimate city now,looks like they want to win every game under pell.cant f***in wait,after last year

Sunderland are as big as 7-1 at the bookies. I may have a cover the weekend bet on that one just in case. It's not like they havent beat us before, regularly.

Also will Pellegrini play our strongest side or stick with the players that have got him there? Hopefully it will be the strongest but you never know.

de niro said:

hi fan of little club, tell you what, we promise to keep the score down so you don't do a Bradford.

- Their fans will be more up to it than the London-staged rags
- The FA won't like it, as an "all" Manchester final would have made sure of a worldwide mediacircus
- The media won't like it as an "all" Manchester final would have made sure the usual morons from the swamp giving their snipes at City
- The two teams who took the COC serious have indeed reached the final
- At least we do not have to worry when the final goes to a penalty shoot-out

But seriously, who would have thought United tried so obvious to avoid us, it turned out to be a comedy in extreme.
Than again, it'll be a harder game for us with 0-1 written all over it. No underestimating Sunderland whatsoever.

Sunderland-fans and us will make a great atmosphere singing a few banter United-songs, either it being Manchester United or Newcastle United.

sir peace frog said:
de niro said:
everyone bar Newcastle and us will want sunderland to win
Just like the Wigan match last year. Let's not take this one for granted.

Come on City I was 18 when we last won this trophy!![/quote]

Anybody want to purchase my 1970 scarf. featuring enamel league cup winners badge purchased on Wembley Way on the way out. or my 1974 final programme. By 1976 I had become accustomed to the league cup final so didn't buy anything!

Perhaps it's time to buy a new scarf to celebrate a good final with two decent sets of fans - not the war zone the alternative would have been. Now Wembley Way will not need a line of police down the middle! Lets all have a good day out and enjoy the final.

de niro said:

It was a tongue in cheek opening post.

Amazing how many opposition fan posters seize on stuff like this to "prove" we've all forgotten where we came from.<br /><br />-- Thu Jan 23, 2014 10:51 am --<br /><br />
de niro said:

It was a tongue in cheek opening post.

Amazing how many opposition fan posters seize on stuff like this to "prove" we've all forgotten where we came from.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.