"Captain Tom" charity | Watchdog to review accounts

That's people for you. They will always speculate, and we're all guilty of it to varying degrees.

Irrelevent what other charities do.

I personally wouldn't have the brass neck to demand such a salary (not that I'd want it) on the back of a nation raising millions during a pandemic which has seen economic and social hardship. You would just be grateful for the millions raised for the NHS and for putting Captain Tom in the limelight. The woman is a parasite.

This is what fucks me off about social media and it’s man made heroes.

Rarely if ever does anyone do anything for fuck all, especially when they pretend to be doing it in a blaze of media popularity.

Professionally ran media campaigns these with a sole aim of making fucking money for all concerned.

I personally wouldn't have the brass neck to demand such a salary (not that I'd want it) on the back of a nation raising millions during a pandemic which has seen economic and social hardship. You would just be grateful for the millions raised for the NHS and for putting Captain Tom in the limelight. The woman is a parasite.
You're misunderstanding what I posted. What I said was nothing to do with other charities and was actually in response to the poster who thought it was wrong for people to express an opinion about someone - in other words, he was implying that everyone on this forum and elsewhere isn't allowed to say whether we think someone is guilty or not of wrongdoing. It always makes me laugh when I see posters complaining about the "court of Bluemoon". It's not like we're going to be the ones standing on the jury of whatever topic/crime we're discussing. Even to this day, we see wailing and gnashing of teeth on here because some posters committed the cardinal sin of daring to suggest that Jo Yeats' landlord might've been guilty of her murder. I mean, the police had arrested him on suspicion of that exact crime so they too thought the same at the time.

I’m not sure what they need to run. Folk donated for the NHS, at an agreed time, shut the giving site down (link them to something else for the NHS maybe) then give every single penny to the NHS and get on with your lives. No issue with paying them a few pennies for what work they did like driving dad to an interview or setting up the website - personally I’d do that for nowt but they’re obviously a bit different so I won’t judge.

I guess we shouldnt be surprised by things like this these days...but really!!! You expect the public / charities commission to accept that it is all necessary for the functioning of the charity to have a Spa for private use in your home? FFS
But of course it makes it OK that they called it the Captain Tom Building. I bet they toast him with champagne every time they sit in their hot tub
As said, tarnishing a great mans name/legacy

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.