"Captain Tom" charity | Watchdog to review accounts

A lot on here don’t like the Mail but this is a very good article with lots of detail about this publicity seeking chancer.

I can't see what the problem is, they are just doing what most charities do - scim a good amount off the top for themselves and then chip in what's left to the 'good cause'.

Yes, being investigated.

When City were being investigated by UEFA did you assume we were guilty because we were being investigated about something we hadn't done, or did you think it was a bit harsh when the press made the same assumption that you are making now?
That's a very odd comparison to make. While I agree with the general premise of perhaps waiting to see how this story transpires, we all know that UEFA are bent cunts with officials in key positions who are affiliated to rival clubs. I don't think we can say the same about the Charities Commission. Put it this way - if they find evidence of wrongdoing, I very much doubt Captain Tom's daughter will be taking it to CAS.

charity-work.jpg

That's a very odd comparison to make. While I agree with the general premise of perhaps waiting to see how this story transpires, we all know that UEFA are bent cunts with officials in key positions who are affiliated to rival clubs. I don't think we can say the same about the Charities Commission. Put it this way - if they find evidence of wrongdoing, I very much doubt Captain Tom's daughter will be taking it to CAS.
I think the point being made is that as usual the Court of BlueMoon sits in judgement of someone based on clickbait.
The Charity Commission is looking into the charity, they might find everything is above board with perhaps words of advice given.

That said, anyone foolish enough to hand over their hard earned because bbc breakfast run a piece on someone, needs their heads examining.

I think the point being made is that as usual the Court of BlueMoon sits in judgement of someone based on clickbait.
The Charity Commission is looking into the charity, they might find everything is above board with perhaps words of advice given.

That said, anyone foolish enough to hand over their hard earned because bbc breakfast run a piece on someone, needs their heads examining.
That's people for you. They will always speculate, and we're all guilty of it to varying degrees.

That's people for you. They will always speculate, and we're all guilty of it to varying degrees.
As it turns out, it looks like I was defending someone who perhaps didn’t deserve defending based on the fact that it appears she wanted a six figure salary as a trustee of the charity.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.