Car Crashes Into School

THe overhead shot has it against the building, having just gone through a wooden perimeter fence.
I don't think there was a gap, the vehicle just went straight through it.

The panels appear to be leaning against the outside of the fence - maybe having been moved there after the incident?

Arrest for causing death by dangerous driving may be the go-to immediate charge.

Think that's correct.

You have to be arrested for them to properly investigate what went on.

Medical incident implies it isn't mental health.

Could be a heart attack, seizure, or allergic reaction.

If it wasn't an SUV the car might have been stopped before getting to the building.

Maybe highway/safety engineers responsible should have considered safety barriers ?

Every parents nightmare, sending your child off to school and never seeing them again. Absolutely heartbreaking and I hope the parents find a way to come to terms eventually. I think I'd fail miserably to ever be able to do it.

If there is one place for certain where speed cameras should be in place alongside reduced speed limits, it's outside our schools. As mentioned on another thread recently, I drive thousands of miles a year and the worst driving I see regularly is outside my daughter's primary school, often from the parents themselves. People should be put off driving near our schools when it's not necessary.

begs the question why do people feel the need to drive a massive car around the back streets of one of the best connected cities in the UK?
Some people like to be surrounded by lots of metal, with car bumpers at head height, headlights at eye level to blind everyone else.... As long as the drivers safe I guess.

Every parents nightmare, sending your child off to school and never seeing them again. Absolutely heartbreaking and I hope the parents find a way to come to terms eventually. I think I'd fail miserably to ever be able to do it.

If there is one place for certain where speed cameras should be in place alongside reduced speed limits, it's outside our schools. As mentioned on another thread recently, I drive thousands of miles a year and the worst driving I see regularly is outside my daughter's primary school, often from the parents themselves. People should be put off driving near our schools when it's not necessary.
Sign of the times, when I was at prmary/junior school everybody walked there and back.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.