Car Crashes Into School

Every parents nightmare, sending your child off to school and never seeing them again. Absolutely heartbreaking and I hope the parents find a way to come to terms eventually. I think I'd fail miserably to ever be able to do it.

If there is one place for certain where speed cameras should be in place alongside reduced speed limits, it's outside our schools. As mentioned on another thread recently, I drive thousands of miles a year and the worst driving I see regularly is outside my daughter's primary school, often from the parents themselves. People should be put off driving near our schools when it's not necessary.
Dont disagree, but there are a couple of issues with deterring driving near schools.

1. In some areas schools/nursery places are very oversubscribed meaning people need to take their kids a number of miles from their home just to get an education. This is because local planners let building companies develop housing estates without mandating them to also provide new schools or pay for extensions/renovation to existing schools. This is less of an issue with older kids who can catch public transport, but remains a problem in a rural locations with minimal bus/train services.

2. In many families both parents work and are likely to travel direct to/from work to drop off or collect the younger kids. They will naturally be driving, if thats the form of transport they use to get to work. Providing a separate pick up area/parking away from the school may help along with better traffic enforcement outside the school. In more urban areas that may be difficult however due to the price of land.

Driving the new defender to do a school run, any news on the other children that were rushed to hospital?
Was she doing the school run? If the children were outside having an 'end of term tea party' school must have been well in session. It was at about 10.30 that the accident/incident happened?

The report I read said that some of the children rushed to hospital were fighting for their lives.

I guess we can only wait for the official report to find out exactly what happened but I know that personally I just keep thinking of the poor parents and family of that little girl. I sent an extra hug last night to my 8 year old great-granddaughter and kept thinking of how I would feel if it had been her or her 4 year old sister.
RIP little one. My prayers are for her and her family and friends. So very sad.

could be an auto and shes stamped on the accelerator by accident.
I've got 20 years on her and I know for certain that if I did that then I'd be hammering the brake a split second later. That said with modern anti collision systems wouldn't her car have automatically put the brakes on when it registered the 6 foot wooden fence? I've only had mine flash up the odd warning when a car or pedestrian has jumped out in front of me and I've then hit the brakes myself. Do they work?

Was she doing the school run? If the children were outside having an 'end of term tea party' school must have been well in session. It was at about 10.30 that the accident/incident happened?

The report I read said that some of the children rushed to hospital were fighting for their lives.

I guess we can only wait for the official report to find out exactly what happened but I know that personally I just keep thinking of the poor parents and family of that little girl. I sent an extra hug last night to my 8 year old great-granddaughter and kept thinking of how I would feel if it had been her or her 4 year old sister.
RIP little one. My prayers are for her and her family and friends. So very sad.
Think the call to emergency services was at 9.54am.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.