Car Crashes Into School

Depends on treatment and frequency of seizures before they take your licence away
No one has the licence taken away on medical grounds. You have to surrender it yourself

My dad used to have TSAs or blackouts while driving, often coming round on the pavement, or in a garden. He maintained he was fine to drive. Despite us pleading with the GP he would not report him to the DVLA. It took an incident when he ended up in a garden to get my dad to see sense and give me car keys and motor and inform the DVLA.

Last edited:
I had a seizure once, way back in my early twenties. I'd drove for 2 hours and it happened within ten minutes of pulling off the motorway and arriving home.

Dread to think what damage I would have done if it happened 10/20mins earlier.

if you have a seizure im sure you are (banned) from driving for a year as long as dont have another within the year, there's a lad at work who cant drive at the moment

I had a TIA - a mini stroke - 12 years ago. I didn't have to report it to the DVLA and was advised not to drive for a month - I appreciate things may have changed now though

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.