Car driving standards

Driving stadards have definitely worsened in the last couple of years. Mrs laser blames it on some people getting seriously fucked in the head during the pandemic and lockdowns and she may be right.

Only last week I was stopped at the head of the queue at a red light. When it changed to green I moved off only for two vehicles to steam through a very late red light with one of them (a 4x4) coming within inches of taking the front off my car.

A couple of days later Mrs laser was at a junction with two cars both slowing down and indicating to turn left so she pulled out left only for the second car, still indicating left, to suddenly accelerate and overtake the first car at high speed with the woman passenger flicking V-signs and screaming four letter abuse at her as they drove past.

These type of twats have their music on so loud they can't even hear the tick of their indicators going. Nor do they have the attention span to see the illuminated display in front of them showing them that they are indicating.

I never pull out even if people are indicating, I wait until they have committed to the turn. Not worth the risk of being wiped out.

Middle laners I'd guess are scared of changing lanes, scared of HGV's, scared of the acceleration pedal...I could go on.......
Mostly lack of confidance coupled with absolutely no spacial awareness, common sense or vision. Motorways are really safe if you look a quarter of mile in front and behind, leave space and react in plenty of time with signals.

These type of twats have their music on so loud they can't even hear the tick of their indicators going. Nor do they have the attention span to see the illuminated display in front of them showing them that they are indicating.

I never pull out even if people are indicating, I wait until they have committed to the turn. Not worth the risk of being wiped out.
Very true. She only pulled out when the first car had slowed right down to go into the turn. She didn't legislate for the nutter crawling behind to accelerate like a bat out of hell and overtake it after she'd already committed to turning left.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.