Car driving standards

As a non driver, I’m reliant on taxis and too many “professional” drivers are awful. If it’s not on their sat nav then they haven’t a clue.

One belter was the cabbie who tried to take me to Bradford Bulls’ rugby league stadium when I asked for Bradford Park Avenue FC.

Sundays ( or what is now know as Donorday ) round here. From about 10.00 am sirens spoiling the valleys of Snowdonia....all the bikers from the midlands leave Brum at 8.00 and arrive on the peaceful A roads. Sounds great but you feel for the bikers who come off or hit something. Mental and most, and I mean most are beyond pension age.

No they went on the opposite side of the road, other side of the bollards. Two cars, one behind the other.
Falls into that grey area between a Road Traffic Act 1988, Section 2/Section 3 offence. In an ideal world it should be Secion 2 (Dangerous driving) due to the cumulation of multiple offences.

Too many people don't realise the privelage of having a driving licence, and don't understand the level of responsibility that comes with it.

Last edited:
If anyone undertakes it’s because the knob in the middle lane is in the wrong lane.
I’ve regularly seen cars doddering along at 60 mph in lane 3 of the M62 in the 4 lane sections with nothing in lanes 1 & 2 and I often undertake them when safe to do so (usually in lane 1). It’s not illegal to do so but does need care when doing so. Usually they stay in their lane afterward completely oblivious.

Traffic is the one thing I don't miss since moving from Manchester, it used to take me 40mins for my 6 mile journey, when I moved away it was 22 miles, 20 mins for 20 miles, 20 mins for the last 2, since I've worked more locally, 20 mins each way for my 12 mile commute. Love Manchester, hate the riads/traffic

Sundays ( or what is now know as Donorday ) round here. From about 10.00 am sirens spoiling the valleys of Snowdonia....all the bikers from the midlands leave Brum at 8.00 and arrive on the peaceful A roads. Sounds great but you feel for the bikers who come off or hit something. Mental and most, and I mean most are beyond pension age.
Adventure before dementia.....

The roads are full of cunts,all differing sorts....angry/useless/dordolling/ignorant/brain dead/pissed up etc.....
And rush hour seems to be pretty much all fucking day!! Trying to drive in to Manchester after 0700 or out after 1430 and you're encountering jams and fuck wits.

Like everything else in this country,its gone to the dogs.
It was terrible in the 80's as well. I used to work in the centre of Sheffield, nigh on impossible to get out at 5:30 sometimes took me 2 plus hours to get to Glossop. Then I worked in Urmston, getting to Glossop was another nightmare.
Used to stay at work till 7 sometimes as i couldn't face sitting there in traffic.
Maybe too many people on that small island.
Being a small country the UK should look to countries like Singapore or Japan (small countries big populations) and invest heavily in public transport.
When I've been to those places you don't need a car.
The worst thing the UK did was privatise the rail network. Now it's just for profit and to hell with the consumer.

But I think the UK Gov like traffic jams, all that tax on petrol and diesel being burned in huge traffic jams.

Last edited:
Come and drive in Malaysia for an eye opening experience. Driving 2" from your rear bumper at 115kph is the norm on the highways, if you stick to the 2 seconds rule someone, usually a Velfire, will sit right in your bumper even if there is nowhere to move to as you are overtaking a line of traffic. A really stressful place to drive.

As a non driver, I’m reliant on taxis and too many “professional” drivers are awful. If it’s not on their sat nav then they haven’t a clue.

One belter was the cabbie who tried to take me to Bradford Bulls’ rugby league stadium when I asked for Bradford Park Avenue FC.
And they’re always fucking talking on their phone to someone!

Then when you try and point out they’re not going the right way or the quickest way, they get arsey with you because you’re interrupting their telephone conversation.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.