Car Insurers you are a DISGRACE

After looking at my online banking a few months ago I couldn’t believe how much I was paying so I went on a mission to reduce my direct debits and had some decent results, it doesn’t look like much but it all adds up during the course of a year.

Three Phone Contract was
£20 p/m now £16

Car Insurance was
£90.43 p/m now £51.29

Virgin Media was
£50 p/m now £39

Contact Lenses was
£31.50 p/m now £25

Water Bill was
£30 p/m now £25

Octopus Energy was
£190 p/m now £150 p/m and in credit

£190 month energy? Have you got a grow in your loft?

I`ve had a Car Insurance Quote from my existing Insurers Swinton to confirm my new Direct Debit for the forthcoming year.
I stupidly forgot last year to "shop around" but overnight I did and found that Santander were offering a good offer for me. Nothing had changed from last year and I`ve enjoyed 9 years No Claim Bonus and even includes my 40 year old daughter, who lives in Bulgaria but stays with us occasionally and uses my car.
So my new Insurance with them is a nice £465.40 for this nice FOC and his daughter and includes a small monthly fee for taking it out as a monthly Direct Debit.
I called to tell Swinton that I would NO longer be renewing with them for next year and the dear girl at the other end was lost for words when I asked could they match Santanders quote. ;)
The robbing bastards at Swinton wanted £978.40 for exactly the same insurance.
Talk about money grabbing gits so my fellow Blue Mooners who constantly stay with the same Insurance Company for years, spend an hour or so looking and shopping around when your new policy is ready for renewing.
I suspect most of you already do this.
My dad was an insurance broker for most of his life and even 40 yrs ago he would slag Swinton off as shysters.

I had this last year, almost doubled. I'd search online, got a good qoute, rang Hastings. Explained I wouldn't be renewing. She said that she could see that I had been searching for qoutes. Eventually, they matched the qoute that I had found. They are just money making scammers now.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.