Car Insurers you are a DISGRACE

I used to work for a broker. My top tip is that if you go to either a broker or comparison website, find out the company they are quoting, then go direct to that company. You will fine they will be even cheaper
I've also found that if you get a quote via a comparison site, then ring the company for a direct quote you always get a better price. Remember, the comparison sites are just middlemen who are earning a commission when you sign up, so it makes sense to cut them out. They're good for getting an idea who is going to give you a favourable price though.

Cancelling a policy with Swinton is prone to difficulty months after.
Make sure you get written confirmation from them after your phone call, or two years later you get some scrote solicitor chasing a cancellation fee.
I think they sell the imaginary debt to a collection agency.
Every 2 years they get told to fuck off, I cancelled, they accepted, and some twat wants £60. They are not getting it, even tho they drop the demand to £40 for quick payment.
Shysters? Fucking right.

Cancelling a policy with Swinton is prone to difficulty months after.
Make sure you get written confirmation from them after your phone call, or two years later you get some scrote solicitor chasing a cancellation fee.
I think they sell the imaginary debt to a collection agency.
Every 2 years they get told to fuck off, I cancelled, they accepted, and some twat wants £60. They are not getting it, even tho they drop the demand to £40 for quick payment.
Shysters? Fucking right.
I`ve already got an e-mail confirming from them that "they`re sorry to see me go". Like fuck they are. They are sorry to see my money go to a competitor.

Was paying $255 a month for my Jeep in Florida.
I recently moved to Vermont and called my insurance company to tell them as my next payment is due Saturday. They quoted me $115 for the same coverage, just living in a different state!
Some states demand you have to have certain aspects of coverage, others do not.
It's a Swindle.

Seems to be the way pretty much all big businesses operate these days.

No one is happy with charging people a fair price for their services that still make them a nice tidy profit.

Always seem to be under pressure from the top presumably to squeeze more and more money out of everyone, by fair means or foul.

A ‘loyal customer’ these days isn’t to be rewarded but is basically treated like a complete fucking mug, who deserves to be exploited to the max for not realising it.

Funnily enough, I've just seen this thread and got a reminder from my insurance company this morning who have actually given me a very reasonable renewal quote. Only about 40 quid more than my Go-compare best quote. So I'm going to phone the buggers up right now and see if they'll match it. If not, churrah.

I change almost every year or get a drop to nearly match what the Meerkat comes up with.

The thing is they're supposed to offer the same deal to existing & new customers these days....they're all fucking sharks.

Amazes me when they write off a 7/8 grand car for example with just over a grands worth of damage.

Ludicrous.
My mate has a van that he uses for his part time window fitting job. A young lad crashed into his van on the M60 earlier this year. The lad was very upset at the incident and he had no problem admitting his liability, my mate actually felt sorry for him.

The insurance company settled on a £4K write off and allowed my mate to keep the van, he got it repaired and tested for road worthiness for just over a grand. As he only uses it a couple of days a week at the most it was a winner winner, chicken dinner, he's banked 3k and drives a van that now has a few more scratches than previously but it's only cosmetic.

I always switch when my insurance company offers to match a lower rate, telling them 'why didn't you offer me that price in the first place '
I did it with Sky, they had a new customer offer of £60 a month for Sky plus Sports with Broadband and Netflix, I rang them, they said the best they could do was £83 without broadband. So I said cancel it which the did, I then got Virgin super fast BB ((250 package) for £26!including a TV box which Mrs H can record her TV shows on and my mate's Dodgy box which includes Apple, Amazon, Netflix and other paid channels. As my broadband is super fast I don't get any buffering during live sports so I'm now paying around £35 a month for everything. Sky have rang me on multiple occasions to say they would now match the £60 offer, I politely told them to do one.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.