Car Insurers you are a DISGRACE

They’re banking on people being lazy and auto renewing.

Mine was £290 last year, quoted £420 by the same company.

Shopped around, found £285, rang my existing company to cancel and they asked what I’d found and they matched the £285 quote with no questions asked.

Gonna try 50p next year.

I still feel like there should be trading standards that prevent them from doing this. There's no reward for loyalty, because like you say, they can make a fortune auto-renewing for double the price near enough and people too lazy to bother checking.

It's not one company doing it either, I've had to change mine every year often going back and forth between them because they rip you off through auto-renewal but are competitive for new customers.

I still feel like there should be trading standards that prevent them from doing this. There's no reward for loyalty, because like you say, they can make a fortune auto-renewing for double the price near enough and people too lazy to bother checking.

It's not one company doing it either, I've had to change mine every year often going back and forth between them because they rip you off through auto-renewal but are competitive for new customers.
I just cancel my DD online when the last payment of the annual policy has been taken out, that usually prompts some kind of response.

On another note the thieving bastards at the DVLA ripped me off for Road Tax. I sold a van to my mate, we settled on the 1st July, I did the vehicle transfer online. As it was a monthly DD my payment was taken on the 1st, my mate also paid from the 1st July, no problem I thought, I'll get a refund. It said on the website it can take 6 weeks to come through. Forward 7 weeks later the refund of £29 has not come through, I rang them, they told me I'd not transferred to vehicle until around 8am in the morning and therefore I was liable for a month's tax as I owned the van for 8 hours during July. I told them my mate had taken ownership from midnight of that date and insured the vehicle accordingly, that didn't matter one bit to the twat at DVLA.

If anyone gets involved in selling under the same circumstances just Sorn the vehicle before midnight on the last day of the month and ensure the new owner taxes it from the first day of the following month.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.