Carabao Cup Final Post-Match Thread

Funny lot the Villa fans, but always have been. Villa Park's jammed full when they're doing well but their "crowds" used to dip alarmingly when they weren't.
The record books show that just 14,215 hardly souls turned up to Villa Park on New Year's Day 1986 for a First Division game that City won 1-0. A winter's day admittedly but a public holiday all the same and in a city with a population roughly twice that of Manchester. We never went that low in the top flight! In the return game at Maine Road the crowd was almost 50% bigger, at 20,935 (note for younger readers: not many clubs got huge crowds in the troublesome 1980s).
Despite their staples such as "Where were you when you were shit?" and for all the jumping up and down they do about winning the European Cup (as impressive as that famous 1982 win was) there were plenty of times when they could barely fill HALF their ground in the same decade!
It got a bit testy last night at Wembley Stadium Station, with insults zinging from side to side in equal measure. Fair enough, but their beef seemed to run along now-familiar lines: plastic fans, no history, bought success etc. Even the Birmingham Mail is reporting that we had more fans at Wembley yesterday than they did, although a small amount of expensive Club Wembley tickets went unsold: https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sp...ws/carabao-cup-final-attendance-fans-17843062
I would never deny Aston Villa their history - it's as good as anyone else's and better than most. What football fan would? So why would they, of all people, seek to deny us ours?
* And have you ever noticed how few Brummies ever go out of Birmingham? You rarely come across them on holiday or anywhere else for that matter!

Thanks, one shit decision often merges with the many we get.

So true, sadly. I only really remember it so well as I was going barmy/muffiny* to my mate when Rodri get his yellow after KDB had stood on the ball. It’s exactly the same thing. The only difference was that Rodri was effective in his foul whereas Grealish failed, but the next guy went through Aguero. 2 tactical fouls for the price of one that both should have been yellow carded for.

I have no problem with a yellow card for tactical fouling. It stops a dangerous attack at source. The lack of consistency is what I struggle with. Even the commentators aren’t consistent with their terminology, which allows other teams to get away with stuff we can’t.

* delete as appropriate.

So pleased for my young son first final struggles badly with Autism so great for me to see As he was exiting he caught eye of the clubs seemingly no1 musical fan Noel Gallagher Now i know this guy does get plenty or requests perhaps annoyingly so, but to tell a nine year old who merely asked for a selfie TO FUCK OFF IS OUT OF ORDER OR He was rushing to get to Pep to show off hia arse kissing skills

Why is this no surprise!!! Sorry your lad had such a bad experience, I'm not into social media or the like but if I was you I would send a tweet to Mendy, given the video of him and the music man in the dressing room after the win and put your view on there, see what response you get!!! Good luck and I hope your lad gets treated better by others at the club..

So pleased for my young son first final struggles badly with Autism so great for me to see As he was exiting he caught eye of the clubs seemingly no1 musical fan Noel Gallagher Now i know this guy does get plenty or requests perhaps annoyingly so, but to tell a nine year old who merely asked for a selfie TO FUCK OFF IS OUT OF ORDER OR He was rushing to get to Pep to show off hia arse kissing skills
Always been a fan of his music but that sounds particularly nasty.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.