Carabao Cup Final Post-Match Thread

Foden was just immaculate. I'd like to see him and Grealish have a run out for England - the best of a relatively decent group of English midfielders.
Grealish is 25 and hyped up far exceeding his talent,he would be in the english team by now if he was any good,phil is treble the player he is already

So true, sadly. I only really remember it so well as I was going barmy/muffiny* to my mate when Rodri get his yellow after KDB had stood on the ball. It’s exactly the same thing. The only difference was that Rodri was effective in his foul whereas Grealish failed, but the next guy went through Aguero. 2 tactical fouls for the price of one that both should have been yellow carded for.

I have no problem with a yellow card for tactical fouling. It stops a dangerous attack at source. The lack of consistency is what I struggle with. Even the commentators aren’t consistent with their terminology, which allows other teams to get away with stuff we can’t.

* delete as appropriate.
Totally agree, I've not watched a replay so can't comment on commentators, but I know what I expect.

Grealish is 25 and hyped up far exceeding his talent,he would be in the english team by now if he was any good,phil is treble the player he is already
A bit harsh on grealish, but its more of a statement on southgate really. He isn't the most likeable player there is, but he is a decent footballer, and he's also been loyal to his team, and that should be applauded, his problem is that villa expect him to do everything for them, because they have little else.

I don't think he's as great as some make him out to be, but he's certainly got talent, and we'll never find out how much unless he goes to a better club.

A bit harsh on grealish, but its more of a statement on southgate really. He isn't the most likeable player there is, but he is a decent footballer, and he's also been loyal to his team, and that should be applauded, his problem is that villa expect him to do everything for them, because they have little else.

I don't think he's as great as some make him out to be, but he's certainly got talent, and we'll never find out how much unless he goes to a better club.
Comparing him to phil he is nothing and you need the talent of phil to get into our team,big fish in a small pond,hope we go nowhere him

So true, sadly. I only really remember it so well as I was going barmy/muffiny* to my mate when Rodri get his yellow after KDB had stood on the ball. It’s exactly the same thing. The only difference was that Rodri was effective in his foul whereas Grealish failed, but the next guy went through Aguero. 2 tactical fouls for the price of one that both should have been yellow carded for.

I have no problem with a yellow card for tactical fouling. It stops a dangerous attack at source. The lack of consistency is what I struggle with. Even the commentators aren’t consistent with their terminology, which allows other teams to get away with stuff we can’t.

* delete as appropriate.
Villa started both halves making 4 fouls within 6 minutes and the ref waving away all of them as we kept possession some technical fouls that he should have gone back to and booked for intent, this led to on 60 minutes Villa having made 2 fouls and City 10, with Villa able to kick lumps out of us for the final 30 minutes, the Technical foul only gets used on us because of our single pivot, it makes it easy for a ref to spot, 8 man defenses such as utd and liverpool make just as many perhaps even more, but they never get booked as there is always some one else there, so yes we have been targeted with both the technical foul and the handball law

Villa really are a small time bunch of fans and they will feel perfectly at home in the Championship next season.

On the other hand, I thought we were a bit genteel yesterday and there was more polite applause than raw emotion.

The main thing is we won and now I’m preparing for a leisurely drive home starting around 10.

We expect to win so many of these games now. It has that processional feel to it. Had we been up against stronger opposition I think it would’ve been different

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.