Carabao Cup R3 Draw | Newcastle (A)

Is there not the scope to put out hybrid teams of first teamers and juniors in both the CWC (I keep reading it as the Cup-Winners Cup!) and the EFL Cup?

City play the reserve goalkeeper and quite a few of the kids in the EFL anyway. How big a squad is needed to play two matches in Saudi and one in the EFL Cup?

We played rags, dippers, arsenal and Chelsea in Cup games last season but the only cup game we lost was against Southampton.

We really do not need the League Cup this season, I know people will say this is Manchester City and want to win everything we are in, The treble was won because we did not beat Southampton when you look at the bigger picture, the games 2 in the semi-final vs united and then possible final vs Newcastle would have been 3 more games

We really do not need the League Cup this season, I know people will say this is Manchester City and want to win everything we are in, The treble was won because we did not beat Southampton when you look at the bigger picture, the games 2 in the semi-final vs united and then possible final vs Newcastle would have been 3 more games
Plus you get fixtures re-arranged and shoe-horned into the end of the season. I agree. We wouldn't have won the treble without that defeat.

The only flip side of going out early is that you have fewer games to blood kids.

The key thing (which a lot of people misunderstand) is that the odds of getting 12 heads in a row are only very high before you start flipping the coin. If you've already gotten 11 in a row then the chance of getting 12 in a row are still only 50:50. United getting a load of home draws in the past is meaningless to the chance of it happening in the future.
That point has been made several times mate.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.