Carabao Cup R3 Draw | Newcastle (A)

Nothing was put in place for Liverpool in 2019-20:
14th Dec, PL, Watford h
17th Dec, EFL, Villa a
18th Dec, CWC, Monterey n
21st Dec, CWC, Flamengo n
26th Dec, PL, Leicester a

Although, in 2021-22, Chelsea didn’t have to play until February and the Cup draws around them didn’t need moving:
5th Feb, FA, Plymouth h
9th Feb, CWC, Al-Hillal n
12th Feb, CWC, Palmeiras n
19th Feb, PL, Palace a

We are scheduled to play at the time Liverpool were in December:
16th Dec, PL, Palace h
18th/19th Dec, CWC, TBA n
19th/20th Dec, EFL quarters
22nd Dec, CWC final n

[23rd Dec, PL, Brentford h has been moved]
26th Dec, PL, Everton a
… so we’ll have to put out our EDS team against whoever we’d get if we got through to the EFL Cup quarter final like Liverpool did.
Doubt if they’ll let us if we got there) but there’s a free mid week between the New Year games and the FA Cup on the 6th Jan, Tues 2nd - Thursday 4th, can’t see it happening though

It would be hilarious if Chelsea lose to Brighton having spent all that money, with a huge chunk of that outlay going on Brighton players!

We played rags, dippers, arsenal and Chelsea in Cup games last season but the only cup game we lost was against Southampton.
We’ve lost in the CL against a Liverpool team that we’re 25 points behind us in the Prem, a Spurs team who were 27 points behind us in the Prem, a Lyon side that was 7th in Ligue 1, a Chelsea side that were 18 points behind us in the Prem…

Yet last season we got drawn against the two other best teams in Europe and trounced the pair of them to get to the final which we finally won.

I don’t think it really matters who you draw in the Cups, anyone can beat anyone in Cup games. In our Centurions season, we drew League 1 Wigan in the FA Cup and lost… Wigan have beaten us from one or two divisions below (or in a season they were relegated) five times in domestic Cup competitions! We might as well get drawn against Liverpool away every year than ever play Wigan (or Boro!).

Newcastle were given No 20 despite coming before Norwich No 19 in the alphabet - I think the draw should be taken again.

Newcastle were given No 20 despite coming before Norwich No 19 in the alphabet - I think the draw should be taken again.
It's very wrong not to conduct these draws completely properly. Otherwise the integrity of the competition is undermined. Ball 20 should have been Norwich and that is who we should have played. I think it is yet another example of the way standards, professionalism and integrity have slipped so far in this country. And people just gloss over it and essentially make no attempt to address these issues. When there is corruption and lack of honestry, transparency and morals within the establishment elite then it permeates everywhere.
As Johnson's schoolmaster said, "he does not think the rules should apply to him". Well, they gucking should anc also to the EFL

Watching the draw last night Bradford will play,facking Bradford let's have it right,City Park avenue ?
In fairness you wouldn't expect them to specify "City" for Leicester even though Leicester Un***d exist, or specify "Un***d* for Oxford or Cambridge even though both have City teams as well.
Bradford Park Avenue haven't been a league club since 1970 so I'm not sure how they could be in the League Cup draw.

The numbers of the teams were published a day in advance and they were same as the numbers used for the draw.

If the teams had different numbers it is a different universe and no one can predict which way they would have been drawn.

It seems bizarre it is being discussed.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.