Cardiff replace head of recruitment with 23-year-old Kazakh

I have a feeling that this is all going to end very badly for Cardiff. My understanding is that Tan has not converted any debt into equity (i.e. he hasn't actually pumped in very much of his own money) and if his unpopularity causes him to walk away he would leave behind a debt laden financially unsustainable club that could easily do a Rangers and go into liquidation and then be re-formed as a Newco. This may well be the only way that the fans get their club back.

I've got no love for Cardiff from visits in the distant past but the trip there in August was a right good day out.

They won the cup that day. We had them beat and took our foot off the gas a bit like Bayern almost did last week with us.

Hopefully this Tan guy doesn't fuck them up.

We got very lucky with our owner with the exception of Chelsea none of the others have really been good for the clubs they bought longterm.

As things are starting to take shape in the Prem, I am expecting Cardiff to fighting for their Prem life come the end of the season this news just means they will be relegated

This from the BBC

In the summer Alisher Apsalyamov was on work experience painting the walls of Cardiff City Stadium, watching their promotion games on his laptop.

"Now he's the acting head of recruitment at the age of 23, responsible for the January transfer window that could determine whether Cardiff stay in the Premier League.

"Apsalyamov is, I understand, a close friend of the son of Cardiff owner Vincent Tan.

"I believe that Moody, initially suspended by Mr Tan, has now been placed on gardening leave until the end of the season on full pay so Mackay cannot use someone with whom he has worked productively for the past seven years, first at Watford, now at Cardiff."

west didsblue said:
I have a feeling that this is all going to end very badly for Cardiff. My understanding is that Tan has not converted any debt into equity (i.e. he hasn't actually pumped in very much of his own money) and if his unpopularity causes him to walk away he would leave behind a debt laden financially unsustainable club that could easily do a Rangers and go into liquidation and then be re-formed as a Newco. This may well be the only way that the fans get their club back.

This is a better reason to enact the Financial Fair play regulations than owners who invest their own money into their team. Clubs going into too much debt is a huge risk for everyone.

west didsblue said:

EXACTLY!!

it almost happened a few years ago when sam the c*nt hamman almost bankrupted the club and left us £40 million in debt and a crippling wage bill.

Benarbia_is_god said:
ADR I got to disagree on your 99% blue figure, even if it is an exaggeration. I went to the Cardiff game and from the away end it didn't look overwhelmingly blue, perhaps most worrying of all the kids stand was mostly red! I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw men over the age 40 wearing the red shirt, surely they can't have been around in the ninian park days? One thing I noticed, I was on the segregation line of the Ninian stand and there was a section right next to us which was full of Malaysians, guess what? They were all wearing the BLUE kit, not red. Some of them were even wearing the ken cars top!

I know a lot of Cardiff fans, one of which works for the club, he's pretty tight lipped about what's going on. I only know of one Cardiff fan whose stopped going to games and not renewed his ST due to Tan, wonder if that is the problem? Too many fans happy to go along with the circus?

maybe 99% was a slight exaggeration! Although there would be a lot more BLUE shirts if the club shop actually sold the dam things! the only shirt you can buy in the club shop is the sodding red one. you cant even buy the yellow away shirt let alone the BLUE third strip!! My club is a joke.

Only the "plastics" wear the red shirts i guess. i know of a view people who have stopped watching the BLUEbirds now that the current owner is here and changing the whole fabric of the club. The BLUE shirts have gone, the club badge has lost its BLUEbird (well almost) and It wont be long until all the BLUE seats are changed to red in the ground and then the last thing to do is to change our name to The Red Dragons or the Kuala Lumpur Red Sox.

Still awaiting the club to release a statement so we can actually be told what the frig is happening!!

i despair. i really do.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.