Cardiff Vs City Post Match Discussion Thread

Re: Cardiff Vs City Post Match Discussion Thread

DTKOAG said:
I just hope that you guys both in the stands and on the pitch put the same level of performance when you play the other top teams in the league.
Unfortunately it won't be their first ever home game in the PL against anyone else, so I wouldn't hold your breath.

Ardwick Green Blue said:
As a supporter who is still seething & disgusted with our players 'efforts' at Wembley it is yet another kick in the balls to have to endure more of the same yesterday.

All the manager of a mid to lower Premiership side playing us at home has to do is a passable Corporal Jones impression to his players....'They don't like it up 'em'. Far too many of our players go missing in action when faced with determined opponents & Pellegrini has a huge job on his hands to change this.

Only one word and one way of playing will change it "Tempo"

When we play at a high tempo and pass the ball quickly and effectively, that's not a team in this league that'll touch us, it was certainly lacking yesterday.

Cobwebcat said:
Preseason is meant to show our problems. It did. We repeated them again.

Either change the system or the centre backs ... we did neither, again.

By the time we have learnt this high risk system or signed a CB that is fast enough to play it, we will be so far behind it won't matter.

Really disappointed in Pelle because if even I can see it, and I'm no tactical genius I can tell you, what's he looking at?

Very very surprised we aren't going after a top defender. Vinny is excellent but he has been picking up a few injuries and suspensions over the last 12 months. In many ways injuries cost us the league last year. I'm especially surprised that with our two best CBs out they have just been content to make do with Garcia and lescott when we all knew their shortcomings

Ardwick Green Blue said:
As a supporter who is still seething & disgusted with our players 'efforts' at Wembley it is yet another kick in the balls to have to endure more of the same yesterday.

All the manager of a mid to lower Premiership side playing us at home has to do is a passable Corporal Jones impression to his players....'They don't like it up 'em'. Far too many of our players go missing in action when faced with determined opponents & Pellegrini has a huge job on his hands to change this.
Absolutely spot on, we just cannot afford to have anymore of these half arsed were better than you performances. Yesterday was a blueprint for every team we play against this season they know if they play with some pride and passion they'll turn us over

Danamy said:
Ardwick Green Blue said:

When we play at a high tempo and pass the ball quickly and effectively, that's not a team in this league that'll touch us, it was certainly lacking yesterday.

It was clear very early on yesterday that the good things in evidence against Newcastle were totally absent. Like you say, the tempo was back to almost standstill, we didn't press Cardiff when they had possession & we lost nearly every 50/50 ball.

Why?

One other thing that struck me yesterday - Dzeko and Aguero don't seem to have much of an understanding . Starting the two of them isn't our best option (when everyone fit)

Ardwick Green Blue said:
Danamy said:
Ardwick Green Blue said:

It was clear very early on yesterday that the good things in evidence against Newcastle were totally absent. Like you say, the tempo was back to almost standstill, we didn't press Cardiff when they had possession & we lost nearly every 50/50 ball.

Why?

I'm not sure why but Yaya seemed to slow a lot of the play up yesterday, when he received the ball he always looked sideways or back instead of driving forward with the ball?
We also didn't switch play quickly enough, those watching on TV wouldn't of seen it but Zabba had acres of space with their fullback tucking in, it took 3 to 4 passes to play the ball across and by that time they shifted over and closed the play down, if it was one decent ball we would've been in.

TGR said:
George Hannah said:
Everybody knows our weak spots, Pellegrini & Co will surely address these in the next week! I hope he really doesn't believe what he's quoted as saying on the OS "After we scored, we were better but two set pieces decided the match." Apart from being factually incorrect we were lucky that they didn't score twice just before half-time.

Correct! Frazer Campbell should have went home with the match ball and a hat trick on the score sheet.
If the managaer is as good and as switched on as we have been led to believe then what he says to the press
can be largely ignored. Its what he does behind closed doors that counts.
And lets not forget our next game is against another 'newly promoted side' who after watching that last night
may well be nowhere near worried as they were...

They won't and they shouldn't.

We are a fair weather football side and when let to play at a high tempo we usually create enough chances to outscore the opposition.

Hull may be our Reading of last season so we might have to play Barry (LOL).

Press us hard and let us have the ball long enough and we will give it away.

We don't like teams that play it hard and physical.

We lack grunt and it hasn't changed since the new owners took over.

It's clean sheets that we need starting at home on Saturday.

No one is going to hand us three points we have to work our butts off to get the results we want and need and we need the players who are equipped to do it.

Why?? It's an attitude problem, i don't care how talented a player is, even if they're having an off day they should still be putting the effort in. We have too many players who go missing when teams don't roll over for us.
It's a problem that isn't just going to go away either, MP has a tough job on his hands.

We lost this because of two corners, nothing more nothing less.

I noticed that we went to man to man marking at corners as opposed to zonal marking. For me, when you have a team that is relatively low on height, zonal marking is by far the better tactic as you place your tall players defending the threatening positions as opposed to taller opposition players dragging them out of position.

Having Zabaleta go man for man is asking for trouble. It's clear that both their corners were aimed at Frazier Campbell recognising Zabaleta's lack of height and the element of surprise. That is very clever management. Campbell whilst not being the tallest is clearly decent in the air.

Defending set pieces is something we are going to have to work hard at, as this is one area where these lower level clubs will feel they can get some success as it is a great leveller.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.