Carlos Tevez sticks to his guns over leaving Manchester City

neil jung said:
Found this "Tevez interview" on youtube. It was posted in the last 24 hours but I'm not sure if it's the interview in question.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hL3QnAdK9Os[/youtube]

Well, well, well ... Mr Kia has been busy.

If this is the interview that the Sun & Guardian are referring to, the entire interview is about him not being selected for the Copa America. Have double checked it with Spanish speakers - there isn't a single word in it about City.

So Mr Kia didn't like Mancini's tactic one bit on Tuesday night - saying Tevez is happy playing football at City. Because that could dissuade potential bidders, of which it seems, there are currently ... erm ... none.

So Mr Kia goes into PR overdrive, spreading new stories about him wanting to leave, possibly encouraging his friends at the Sun to re-hash an old radio interview, with the aim of hopefully getting someone in Spain or Italy to show their hand.

It's totally obvious - Tevez plays good cop and tells the truth, Kia plays 'Let's spread enough uncertainty in the press to get a better offer' Cop. Think the suggestion of a sit-down and a new deal after the Bolton game could be very close to the truth.

Jnr Kisby said:
Should have kept his mouth shut until Saturday evening, not much to ask of the club 'captain' is it?! Hope we give the captaincy to Kompany next year or DJ, give it to someone who loves and respects the club.

For goodness sake - is no one else completely tired and bored of this whole distracting affair? Look, we've got the makings of a great side, who gave evidence they will play better as a 'team' without Tevez, especially with Sneijder and sanchez brought in.
Yes he's scored 20 goals - but I have a sneaking suspicion we'd have scored more if the players who continually looked to pass to him, had taken their chances themselves.

This was only a matter of time and will come up every few months if he stays. Its distracting for the other players and he needs to be moved on quickly.

We must move on.

neil jung said:
Found this "Tevez interview" on youtube. It was posted in the last 24 hours but I'm not sure if it's the interview in question.

Will get my Mrs to translate tonight. Fluent Spanish speaker!

Jnr Kisby said:
Should have kept his mouth shut until Saturday evening, not much to ask of the club 'captain' is it?!

Too right mate.. assuming quotes are true, the least he could have done was hold off til either after Bolton or after the party on Monday. Unwanted distraction.

If he goes he goes, the good thing is we are now in a position of strength on the negotiations, he is still tied to a long term contract, we can dictate the price, choose players in any swap deal. Carlos also might find it hard finding a club who will pay 40-50mil transfer fee as well as 200k aweek. Sometimes the grass isn't always greener.

YourBirdCanSing22 said:
neil jung said:

If this is the interview that the Sun & Guardian are referring to, the entire interview is about him not being selected for the Copa America. Have double checked it with Spanish speakers - there isn't a single word in it about City.

So Mr Kia didn't like Mancini's tactic one bit on Tuesday night - saying Tevez is happy playing football at City. Because that could dissuade potential bidders, of which it seems, there are currently ... erm ... none.

So Mr Kia goes into PR overdrive, spreading new stories about him wanting to leave, possibly encouraging his friends at the Sun to re-hash an old radio interview, with the aim of hopefully getting someone in Spain or Italy to show their hand.

This is starting to remind me a bit of the saga at Xmas - Lots of talk from 'sources' about him wanting to leave, a supposed 'statement' about quitting that didn't actually say anything of the sort, all designed to drum up a bid from Italy that never arrived. He ended up staying.

I'm not sure this one has played out yet ...

I'd agree with that, it seems to track.

YourBirdCanSing22 said:
neil jung said:

This is starting to remind me a bit of the saga at Xmas - Lots of talk from 'sources' about him wanting to leave, a supposed 'statement' about quitting that didn't actually say anything of the sort, all designed to drum up a bid from Italy that never arrived. He ended up staying.

That's a very good post for someone who's not been around long.

YourBirdCanSing22 said:

Ahh, it's probably a different interview then. The one mentioned in the papers was with Radio Del Plata whereas the graphics on that video says Radio La Red.

Peoples peoples peoples.

If I have learnt one thing and one thing only about being a blue especially since the great Sheikh took over is this.

BELIEVE NOTHING UNTIL IT COMES OUT OF THE CLUB ON AN OFFICIAL STATEMENT.

Do you not all think Mr Mubarak/Mr Mansour are not aware of all this rubbish that is being sputed..?? Come on blues..Don't believe the Guardian,Mail,Sun or any cack piece of shite that tries to stir up a hornets nest. All I would say is that if he wants to go then its on our terms.Isn't it great being minted!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.