Carlos Tevez sticks to his guns over leaving Manchester City

Absolute Bollox!!!

Does anybody honestly think that one of our players would go to a radio station and state that they are leaving, prior to the end of the season and with such an important game coming up?

The media (and Tevez' agent) have tried to undermine our campaign all season and how convenient that a story (that came out eons ago and was refuted) raises it's ugly head when we are one game away from clinching 3rd over the media darlings that are the Barca of England. Especially when you consider that it comes alongside the news of Tranny (have these 2 had problems before) which was immediately refuted by City.

MCFC-alan88 said:
YourBirdCanSing22 said:
neil jung said:
Found this "Tevez interview" on youtube. It was posted in the last 24 hours but I'm not sure if it's the interview in question.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hL3QnAdK9Os[/youtube]

Well, well, well ... Mr Kia has been busy.

If this is the interview that the Sun & Guardian are referring to, the entire interview is about him not being selected for the Copa America. Have double checked it with Spanish speakers - there isn't a single word in it about City.

So Mr Kia didn't like Mancini's tactic one bit on Tuesday night - saying Tevez is happy playing football at City. Because that could dissuade potential bidders, of which it seems, there are currently ... erm ... none.

So Mr Kia goes into PR overdrive, spreading new stories about him wanting to leave, possibly encouraging his friends at the Sun to re-hash an old radio interview, with the aim of hopefully getting someone in Spain or Italy to show their hand.

This is starting to remind me a bit of the saga at Xmas - Lots of talk from 'sources' about him wanting to leave, a supposed 'statement' about quitting that didn't actually say anything of the sort, all designed to drum up a bid from Italy that never arrived. He ended up staying.

I'm not sure this one has played out yet ...

I'd agree with that, it seems to track.

This <a class="postlink" href="http://twitter.com/#!/radiodelplata" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://twitter.com/#!/radiodelplata</a> is the twitter page for the radio station in question. I'm feel fairly sure that if these 'comments' were genuine then they would twitter this 'scoop'. can anyone translate please. I cant see anything Tevez related in the last few hours.

Interview or not, I think he's gone and has been since January.
Think of it, we have most likely said to him to withdraw his request and stay till summer, then he can go. Not only does he get his wish in the end, he also gets to say things like 'they have treated me very well', and leave with his head held high rather than under a cloud like he would have if he went with a transfer request in January. It's more than likely our paths will cross in the near future, so what better way to leave than with our blessing?

Mikecini said:
MCFC-alan88 said:
YourBirdCanSing22 said:
Well, well, well ... Mr Kia has been busy.

If this is the interview that the Sun & Guardian are referring to, the entire interview is about him not being selected for the Copa America. Have double checked it with Spanish speakers - there isn't a single word in it about City.

So Mr Kia didn't like Mancini's tactic one bit on Tuesday night - saying Tevez is happy playing football at City. Because that could dissuade potential bidders, of which it seems, there are currently ... erm ... none.

So Mr Kia goes into PR overdrive, spreading new stories about him wanting to leave, possibly encouraging his friends at the Sun to re-hash an old radio interview, with the aim of hopefully getting someone in Spain or Italy to show their hand.

This is starting to remind me a bit of the saga at Xmas - Lots of talk from 'sources' about him wanting to leave, a supposed 'statement' about quitting that didn't actually say anything of the sort, all designed to drum up a bid from Italy that never arrived. He ended up staying.

I'm not sure this one has played out yet ...

This <a class="postlink" href="http://twitter.com/#!/radiodelplata" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://twitter.com/#!/radiodelplata</a> is the twitter page for the radio station in question. I'm feel fairly sure that if these 'comments' were genuine then they would twitter this 'scoop'. can anyone translate please. I cant see anything Tevez related in the last few hours.

Again, I've double checked, and every single tweet refers to the national team situation, and how upset Tevez is about being dropped. He even mentions that Batista came to Manchester to speak to Zab, but didn't speak to Tevez.

But hold on a minute, the Sun are reporting that in this very same interview, Tevez said that he "Definitely wants to leave City ..."

Mr Kia has been VERY busy indeed ...

Pigeonho said:
Interview or not, I think he's gone and has been since January.
Think of it, we have most likely said to him to withdraw his request and stay till summer, then he can go. Not only does he get his wish in the end, he also gets to say things like 'they have treated me very well', and leave with his head held high rather than under a cloud like he would have if he went with a transfer request in January. It's more than likely our paths will cross in the near future, so what better way to leave than with our blessing?
But he would need a buyer, and if none is forthcoming then what?

And since January we have qualified for the Champions League play offs and won the Cup.

There are only a few clubs in europe who could buy him, and if he wants to go to Spain, or Italy to make seeing his children easier (mother speaks Spanish) then that avenue looks closed at the moment.

As said recently, if he leaves then he leaves when we receive a suitable bid.

YourBirdCanSing22 said:
Mikecini said:
MCFC-alan88 said:

Again, I've double checked, and every single tweet refers to the national team situation, and how upset Tevez is about being dropped. He even mentions that Batista came to Manchester to speak to Zab, but didn't speak to Tevez.

But hold on a minute, the Sun are reporting that in this very same interview, Tevez said that he "Definitely wants to leave City ..."

Mr Kia has been VERY busy indeed ...
It seems that Tevez not being picked for Argentina is a much bigger story over there than him leaving City. Weird country ;)

Kia is a leech, and thats all he is! He's been parading Tevez around every couple of years to get as much money as possible out of him his entire career, Kia doesn't get any money for Tevez being happy and staying put for 5 years of course does he? He needs his regular pay days whether it be signing a new contract with a huge sign on fee or moving club. I would guarantee if Tevez didnt have him as an agent that none of this would be happening.

As for the supposed reasons for Tevez leaving, it really annoys me. If someone said to me right now go and play in downtown Damascus for 3 years, we'll pay you £150,000 a week, i'd be there in a heartbeat nevermind England! They think they are so hard done by these footballers where as it is just their job, their career lasts about 10-15 years its hardly their entire life like the rest of us, he'll have the next 60 years to spend with his kids for fuck sake.

The fact remains that he is contracted to City until 2014.

If he does not want to stay then fair enough, but the days when the likes of Newcastle come swooping in and nick our players for less than they are widely held to be worth are long gone.

Roman has done us a big favour in this regard. 50 million quid is the benchmark now, and on that basis I reckon Carlos is worth at least 60 million in the current market.

Put up or shut up time. Our owners can well afford to take a principled stance on this that John Wardle could not.

Tevez is a traveller and never stays anywhere for long. I will be gutted to see him go as he is a quality player.

If he does,we need to get someone in who knows the prem, the champions league and scores as many goals.....

Drogba anyone?

Millwallawayveteran1988 said:
Tevez is a traveller and never stays anywhere for long. I will be gutted to see him go as he is a quality player.

If he does,we need to get someone in who knows the prem, the champions league and scores as many goals.....

Drogba anyone?

I would love Drogba for a season or two. Hopefully Dzeko discovers his Wolfsburg form after a good pre-season and starts producing the goods.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.