Caroline Flack - rest in peace

Surely one can see a solution here that may have lessened the mental impact.
Either way very sad news. Best friend in high school took his own life. Famous or not its fuckin shit. Made worse when even having loved ones in their life they still cant reach out. Depression and anxiety is pandemic and its no longer an 'adult' issue as more younger and younger children suffering from it.

She needed it for PR probably and felt like she had to have exposure for her career.

It is tragic this whole thing. I just don’t understand why anyone would project bile at innocent others.

I like you as a poster so would appreciate keeping this civil. I disagree, it is a cowards trick I agree but it’s not worse considering often men will do it because the woman is smaller and less able to fight back.

I appreciate I’ve just said something controversial but this is what opinions are all about.

I’m not condoning abusive women, I still have strong views against them.

I'm just sick of the double-standard in society and law.

I don’t watch love island or xfactor or anything she’s in nor do I read tabloid papers, I know who she is but I’m not fully aware of the assault incident that’s possibly led to this but if you’re willingly in the public eye then have an assault charge brought against you then you’re fair game in the media.

celebs use the media to plug stuff and secure jobs, the pay off is you’ll get ripped to shreds the first time you put a foot wrong. That’s something everybody knows. Similarly with social media, nobody forces you to have a public social media account with thousands if not millions of randomers following you earning you ridiculous amounts of ad revenue, it’s all driven by money and fame you know the price to pay for that is you’ll get trolls etc. If you can’t deal with it it can easily be deleted.

She’s obviously somebody that had problems and needed help that she either couldn’t get or felt she couldn’t get despite seemingly having everything she wanted which is a tragic shame and shines a light on the problems we have as a society. whilst I agree social media can be an absolute cesspit most of the time I don’t buy into this blaming of social media/tabloids for this.

Last edited:
I'm just sick of the double-standard in society and law.

I get that and agree but I’m of the opinion, again going to get stick for this, that men and women aren’t the same and shouldn’t be treated as such.

Of course if a woman hits a man they should be prosecuted and there are women stronger then men who abuse them but generally speaking, men that hit women, who are often smaller and weaker in physical stature, are worse.

You and I are similar politically, I think, and being straight white males we are normally guilty before we even do anything but in this instance I disagree with you, men should look after women.

Anyway I don’t want to derail the thread.

I can’t believe we can’t have a nice respectful thread when someone dies.

Whether you like or don’t like them or know or don't know them . Either RIP or say nothing.
I don’t understand why you’d come on just to type you don’t give a shit !!! Says so much about a person that does that. I’ll end this now because I feel a big angggry rant coming on but I don’t want to disrespect the poor lady who took her own life today

I wonder what the thread would be like if it was Stan collymore found dead by suicide? Hit his partner, long history of mental health issues. Most on here have said many derogatory things about him on here and twitter.

I get that and agree but I’m of the opinion, again going to get stick for this, that men and women aren’t the same and shouldn’t be treated as such.

Of course if a woman hits a man they should be prosecuted and there are women stronger then men who abuse them but generally speaking, men that hit women, who are often smaller and weaker in physical stature, are worse.

You and I are similar politically, I think, and being straight white males we are normally guilty before we even do anything but in this instance I disagree with you, men should look after women.

Well they aren't the same, but there has to be a consensus that certain things get treated in a certain fashion otherwise you end up in a prejudicial and unsustainable situation.

I don't find physical stature or gender to really be a consideration in this situation if I am more considered about it. Elements such as self-defence or prior events speak for themselves in very partial mitigation without needing to bring in unfair stereotypes.

I can’t even imagine how bad you must feel to go through with taking your life. My heart goes out to her friends and family.

I suffered a lot with depression in my early 20s, plenty of dark thoughts but I knew I would never actually have intent. The thoughts would pop into my head but my tears were because I felt trapped in life. I didn’t want to live yet I knew I couldn’t die. I was stuck, just existing. I felt truly awful. I can’t imagine feeling worse than what I did. So to know that people DO feel worse, like there’s no other option, is truly heartbreaking.

RIP Caroline Flack

If there’s anyone reading this thread with similar thoughts I urge you to talk to someone, it really is the best thing you can do and is the catalyst for getting better.

Last edited:
Well they aren't the same, but there has to be a consensus that certain things get treated in a certain fashion otherwise you end up in a prejudicial and unsustainable situation.

I don't find physical stature or gender to really be a consideration in this situation if I am more considered about it. Elements such as self-defence or prior events speak for themselves in very partial mitigation without needing to bring in unfair stereotypes.

I perfectly agree with your first paragraph, my point is the abuse a woman should receive for it, compared to a man.

Again, I don’t disagree with your 2nd paragraph but let’s be honest, if I hear another couple who are friends of my Mrs and I, have been fighting, I’m more disgusted if he’s hit her. Whether that is right or wrong I don’t know but it’s how I feel.

You've already done it, hypocrite.. an Rip thread about poor Caroline and you've disrespected it disrespectfully..

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.