CAS judgement: UEFA ban overturned, City exonerated (report out p603)

Perhaps we even conspired with him to do that ? Maybe he wasn't at those games to convince us, maybe we were convincing him to let us take it down ? It would seem a very high risk strategy that, because if we'd failed it would be a heavy loss financially.
I wondered about because he seemed to distance himself from it from the beginning. If he knew how weak the case was and knew it was a rushed hatchet job that wouldn't stand up in a court he may have been convinced that City would beat it. As you said maybe that meeting was convenient for both parties involved.

He blames the incompetence of Uefa for the outcome rather than the fact we were innocent. Which I don’t agree with. But his views on FFP are sound - owners should spend what they can afford
Yes, I completely disagree with his assessment of the reason the ban was overturned; though, I imagine that may have been more calculated self-preservation than anything, given his allegiances and employers.

His view on FFP, from what I have heard, are very much anchored in his investment in Salford City, so no surprise he would come down more on our side than UEFA’s there.

Had a fillet steak meal tonight to celebrate.

It tasted awful; ruined by all the salt!

I genuinely believe that had Leicester won yesterday, we may have seen a different verdict... possibly a year, but hey ho, now united are likely to get CL football next season by way of finishing fourth we are okay!
I think the verdict was delivered long before yesterday’s match. it was originally scheduled for last Friday, but UEFA requested that it be moved because of the draws.

Think someone has had a word with Dan Roan this BBC report he is doing on 6pm news is almost fair!!!
It's changed but he still reckons that FFP is defeated and clubs will be able to spend what they want and transfer fees will spiral out of control. City ruining football with their money is the usual bollocks. We have no record transfers! Also put UEFA guy on before that reckons football will just be a spending competition between Saudi Arabia, Abu Dhabi and Kuwait. Not in the slightest racist.

We should look at legal action against Dan Roan - 6 o'clock news - still trying to make out in that clever journalistic way of twisting things, that we're guilty even though the headline is exonerated/innocent.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.