CAS judgement: UEFA ban overturned, City exonerated (report out p603)

I have to say, the first bit of the club statement i read this morning was the 'awaiting the full details of the decision'
which was Not good for my little hope filled heart. Wasn't till i completed and reread it all that i got the joy. Context!
When this place crashed I went on the CAS site and clicked on what I thought was the decision and shit myself because it said that the case was thrown out. I soon realised that it was the original request to have the case dismissed, what a relief. I then got the good news from PBs tweet thankfully.

All true but CAS judged us on whether we complied with that rule not whether it should have been a rule.
FFP is a barrier to entry so illegal elsewhere but is a UEFA rule so CAS cleared us because we conformed.
In a proper court we would have met a "why did you sign up for it then" argument but CAS are only bothered about rules.
However I wonder if UEFA could have the same fines / punishments for their breaking their own rules?

I wasn't questioning the validity of the rule, as you said, we signed up for it. What I was pointing out is the absurdity of the rule. A bit like Jesus being told part of the deal is he must bring his own wood and nails for the crucifixion ! :O ;)

I have a confession to make..

I was at work today at at the appointed time logged on here to find the site down..

Tried several times but nothing..!

Logged on to the BBC Sports site and it said something like 'City waiting on CAS verdict'..

I wasn't thinking straight, I was desperate for the news and in my state of panic, I'm ashamed to say I logged on to... ragcafe..!

Fcukin' 'ell, it was like winning a roll over lottery and finding an old ticket you'd forgot you had, checking it and finding you'd won it again..!

They weren't too happy, that's for sure..!

F'kin lol...!
Next time try www.mancity.com.

It's no secret that I think this is going to unleash a huge power struggle at UEFA and I think we'd be right behind Ceferin in that case. The G-14 apparently threatened to walk out of UEFA if we didn't get a significant ban. Well we haven't got a ban so let's see what they do now.

UEFA need to rid themselves of G14 or become obsolete and replaced by even worse governance. They’ve realised too late what was going on. It’s their last chance.

The old guard are clinging onto their power as the new guard change the game. It’s natural but the new guard always wins in the end and becomes the new old guard.

Absolutely. Most of them haven't read the bit at the top which says "Manchester City did not....", NOT being important. Then they assume that "alleged breaches .... were not established" seems to mean that they were committed but despite heroic efforts by UEFA they were foiled by City's refusal to provide them with the key evidence! And time barred means that working against unreasonable time constraints UEFA were foiled by another treacherous City plot, not by the fact that this was UEFA's third go at nailing City and all they could come up with was 3 tatty emails that were apparently destroyed by City's team.

As an aside, I don't think UEFA can take any solace from CAS's comments on their evidence, which was "unsatisfactory", "inadequate" and didn't "establish" that such breaches had occurred. When a court gives that as part of a decision they are really asking "what are you wasting our time for with this crap?". Similarly, on the time barred aspect, that was not a consolation to UEFA because their meaning was, "this isn't the first time a case has been lost because of your statute of limitations and yet you come back too late with a useless case - and they're your bloody rules and you don't even understand your own bloody rules." I think UEFA got a real bloody nose today - no wonder there were no leaks. How could they let the scousers down like that!

"As an aside, I don't think UEFA can take any solace from CAS's comments on their evidence, which was "unsatisfactory", "inadequate" and didn't "establish" that such breaches had occurred."

That's the legal equivalent of "UEFA's was complete garbage."

Can't see UEFA appealing this any higher with such strong, unequivocal language like that being used by CAS.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.