Cavani (continued)

MSP said:
No chance Cavani will play there next season, he's easing his stand already.

Yep it is looking like a bidding war in the summer.

By his answers and those of Napoli's president you can tell that his going to change a club at the summer and its going to be City 99%.

Silva requires the central role to get the best out of him, allows him to flow from left to right and hurt teams through all channels, he's wasted out wide imo...

Yaya needs to be the anchor, he's the only player in our team who can dictate tempo and play, what yaya is missing is someone to take those reigns for the last 20 mins so he can push on, not had that reliable cover since NDJ left, also Barry probably has 18 months left with us, we need to be preparing for this asap, milner isn't the long term answer...

If we manage to bag Paulinho, which i've heard is done for the summer, and strong indications with Isco also, we'd have so much variety again, coupled with undoubted quality!!!

So something like:

......................... Hart ........................

Zabaleta ..... Kompany ..... Nastasic ..... Clichy

............................ Paulinho (*) ..............
................. Yaya Tóure ..........................

......................... Silva .........................
........... Agüero ............... Isco (*).............

........................ Cavani (*) ....................

Subs: Pantyman
Richards (Zaba - seeing as he can go LB too)
Lescott (CB)
Milner (takes Yaya's all-action role)
Hughes(*) (Silva)
Tevez (Agüero/Cavani)
Džeko (Cavani)

Tóure to pair up ahead of the back four with Paulinho, but camp just ahead so he can surge forward with an attack. Basically to sit in the hole Silva makes when he ghosts forward.

Sound ok to you? Sure does to me.

The_Boxing_KangaBlue said:
Silva requires the central role to get the best out of him, allows him to flow from left to right and hurt teams through all channels, he's wasted out wide imo...

Yaya needs to be the anchor, he's the only player in our team who can dictate tempo and play, what yaya is missing is someone to take those reigns for the last 20 mins so he can push on, not had that reliable cover since NDJ left, also Barry probably has 18 months left with us, we need to be preparing for this asap, milner isn't the long term answer...

If we manage to bag Paulinho, which i've heard is done for the summer, and strong indications with Isco also, we'd have so much variety again, coupled with undoubted quality!!!

So something like:

Lescott (CB)
Milner (takes Yaya's all-action roll)
Hughes(*) (Silva)
Tevez (Agüero/Cavani)
Džeko (Cavani)

Tóure to pair up ahead of the back four with Paulinho, but camp just ahead so he can surge forward with an attack. Basically to sit in the hole Silva makes when he ghosts forward.

That would be the perfect team for next season.

Also, if Cavani comes in and Džeko wants out, then Beñat or a fit Guidetti onto the pine - maybe a Suarez, Lopes, Rekik or Razak for some games or when injuries hit or rests are needed.

I'd miss Džeko (but maybe not his 'travelling' fan club) - but I wouldn't knock him for wanting more of a role, and will always love him for his immortal equaliser.

So something like:

Lescott (CB)
Hughes(*) (Silva)
Tevez (Agüero/Cavani)
Džeko (Cavani)

A grand total of 1 Englishman in an ENGLISH team. Nothing on you of course mate, just it goes to show you what a dire state English football is in. Without foreigners propping up English teams, the Premiership would be lower than the Ukrainian League ffs.

Might get accused of being in the Football Manager brigade but I think this transfer would be worth boldness. Balo + 22m for Cavani could be the perfect deal for each club. We get one the world's top two strikers, knowing in summer we'll lose 2 or 3 of our current 4 in the summer anyway and Napoli get a ready made replacement for a player they're destined to lose in 6 months anyway. We lose the distraction of balo and still greatly enhance the quality of the squad.

I know that's not likely to happen and January is near impossible but that seems like the perfect move to me.

MaineRoadM14 said:
So something like:

Lescott (CB)
Hughes(*) (Silva)
Tevez (Agüero/Cavani)
Džeko (Cavani)

A grand total of 1 Englishman in an ENGLISH team. Nothing on you of course mate, just it goes to show you what a dire state English football is in. Without foreigners propping up English teams, the Premiership would be lower than the Ukrainian League ffs.

No offence taken friend, I agree it's a poor look, and I still remember all the invective Wenger copped when I first came across the EPL for having an almost entirely French or French colonial side at the Arse. But there are blokes who'd blossom from the lower tiers if they got half a shot - Oxlade-Chamberlain, Hughes, Zaha are examples of that, even accounting for the English habit of bigging up the local boys.

Throwing them in the deep end would either make or break them; something we get to mock your lot about from over here is that the so-called Golden Generation accomplished basically jack shit, yet they keep being persisted with in the main. Might as well see what the kids have got, if anything, but your press would howl like buggery if they didn't immediately best Spain 5-0...

With the money involved in football these days, there isn't the leeway given to nurture homegrown talent like there once was. There'll be a reaction at some point - we had a similar issue with 'athletes' vs natural footballers over here in the AFL, now there's a whole bunch of mature-agers being drafted - their skinfolds may not be as good, and they weren't necessarily the u/16 national 800m champion, but they can actually play..

Point is, hope for the Academy to start producing, but in the mean time, a team like the one above will be the norm - and will also hopefully fuck the Rags harder than a Prom date.

At least the bench is pretty Pom-friendly.

I think we get too excited in january about big players moving to city. Falcao said he's staying at athletico at least until the summer as he feels he owes their president for the way he's nurtured him and developed his career. And cavani has said tonight after scoring a hat-trick for napoli, that he won't go this month as he feels he has unfinished business there. Everyones talking about cavani or falcao, but I'd like us to go for stefan jovetic from fiorentina. Very young, agile, clinical and skillfull forward player who could sit behind tevez or aguero. He would be much cheaper too and easier to negotiate with over a transfer. A falcao would mean tevez or aguero constantly on the bench and cavani wouldn't like the speed of the english game. We need to think of repercussions to big name players coming in when we already have players who are far too big for their boots.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.