Cavani (continued)

bluemanc96 said:
I think we get too excited in january about big players moving to city. Falcao said he's staying at athletico at least until the summer as he feels he owes their president for the way he's nurtured him and developed his career. And cavani has said tonight after scoring a hat-trick for napoli, that he won't go this month as he feels he has unfinished business there. Everyones talking about cavani or falcao, but I'd like us to go for stefan jovetic from fiorentina. Very young, agile, clinical and skillfull forward player who could sit behind tevez or aguero. He would be much cheaper too and easier to negotiate with over a transfer. A falcao would mean tevez or aguero constantly on the bench and cavani wouldn't like the speed of the english game. We need to think of repercussions to big name players coming in when we already have players who are far too big for their boots.

We will have the same problem in signing Jovetic as Fiorentina have a great chance of qualifying for the Champions League but as for the rest of your post I agree.

The_Boxing_KangaBlue said:
Silva requires the central role to get the best out of him, allows him to flow from left to right and hurt teams through all channels, he's wasted out wide imo...

Yaya needs to be the anchor, he's the only player in our team who can dictate tempo and play, what yaya is missing is someone to take those reigns for the last 20 mins so he can push on, not had that reliable cover since NDJ left, also Barry probably has 18 months left with us, we need to be preparing for this asap, milner isn't the long term answer...

If we manage to bag Paulinho, which i've heard is done for the summer, and strong indications with Isco also, we'd have so much variety again, coupled with undoubted quality!!!

So something like:

......................... Hart ........................

Zabaleta ..... Kompany ..... Nastasic ..... Clichy

............................ Paulinho (*) ..............
................. Yaya Tóure ..........................

......................... Silva .........................
........... Agüero ............... Isco (*).............

........................ Cavani (*) ....................

Subs: Pantyman
Richards (Zaba - seeing as he can go LB too)
Lescott (CB)
Milner (takes Yaya's all-action role)
Hughes(*) (Silva)
Tevez (Agüero/Cavani)
Džeko (Cavani)

Tóure to pair up ahead of the back four with Paulinho, but camp just ahead so he can surge forward with an attack. Basically to sit in the hole Silva makes when he ghosts forward.

Sound ok to you? Sure does to me.
that sounds good, but i worry about Tevez and Dzeko on the bench. Perhaps sell one of them and promote Guidetti? Probably Dzeko as he seems to want to start and won't get that with Aguero and Cavani starting. i don't know much about Paulinho, would he provide defensive cover for Yaya? cause if not than he is not what we need. The other thing is I keep hearing Cavani would struggle with our style, what do you think of this?

NoahCity said:
Silva requires the central role to get the best out of him, allows him to flow from left to right and hurt teams through all channels, he's wasted out wide imo...

Yaya needs to be the anchor, he's the only player in our team who can dictate tempo and play, what yaya is missing is someone to take those reigns for the last 20 mins so he can push on, not had that reliable cover since NDJ left, also Barry probably has 18 months left with us, we need to be preparing for this asap, milner isn't the long term answer...

If we manage to bag Paulinho, which i've heard is done for the summer, and strong indications with Isco also, we'd have so much variety again, coupled with undoubted quality!!!

So something like:

Lescott (CB)
Hughes(*) (Silva)
Tevez (Agüero/Cavani)
Džeko (Cavani)

Tóure to pair up ahead of the back four with Paulinho, but camp just ahead so he can surge forward with an attack. Basically to sit in the hole Silva makes when he ghosts forward.

that sounds good, but i worry about Tevez and Dzeko on the bench. Perhaps sell one of them and promote Guidetti? Probably Dzeko as he seems to want to start and won't get that with Aguero and Cavani starting. i don't know much about Paulinho, would he provide defensive cover for Yaya? cause if not than he is not what we need. The other thing is I keep hearing Cavani would struggle with our style, what do you think of this?

Yep that is the slight concern with Cavani that he might not fit in, but he won't have too much trouble in fitting in with English game in general. If he does sign he could be Balotelli's replacement but that does depend on how he does for the rest of this season.

NoahCity said:

So something like:

Lescott (CB)
Hughes(*) (Silva)
Tevez (Agüero/Cavani)
Džeko (Cavani)

You'll see I said Džeko might want to go and that Guidetti might be happier riding the pine for a while, so I agree there. Tevez is getting older and might be more likely to be ok with not starting every week.

As for Cavani, I've not seen heaps of Napoli, but from the games I've seen they seem to play a lot on the counter or perhaps the surge from midfield. We'd have to give the tippy-tappy shit a bit of a rest to get the best of him perhaps, but even if we didn't he looks a strong lad, and like another poster I was surprised to see that he's only supposed to be about 6ft flat - I had the impression he was about 6'3 - so I think he'll be fine holding up the ball, heading or sweeping in. Class is class.

Paulinho I only know from a distracted viewing of the Club World Cup and what I've read; but he's 24, 5'11 and 12st (so roughly the same size as Gaz Baz) and is described by most sources as a box to box midfield playmaker who is very good defensively, handy at set pieces at both ends and a good header of the ball. I get an impression of Barry with more of an attacking side maybe?

Can anyone enlighten me further?

This all boils down to who would wear being on the bench, or who wouldn't. So nothing to do with ability or impact but for me Edin will leave anyway if not an automatic starter.

So if he came in then perhaps Cavani, Sergio, Tevez, Mario would be the most stable combination.

If that wasn't a consideration then I'd sell Mario in order to help fund Cavani no problem. But it has to be.

Would be a nice problem for Bobby to have if Cavani is a real option.

Napoli president Aurelio de Laurentiis says Mario Balotelli is his dream partner for Edinson Cavani.

Robinho's Subbuteo said:
Napoli president Aurelio de Laurentiis says Mario Balotelli is his dream partner for Edinson Cavani.

tumblr_m7vkrb3f9p1ramus3o1_500.jpg

Seemed to be enjoying life in Naples v Roma yesterday!!.

Something else I noticed is that he is on 99 Serie A games. Players obviously like milestones like that so even though he might reach that in January I cant see him contemplating a move whilst he is happy where is is with things to acheive.

johnmc said:
Seemed to be enjoying life in Naples v Roma yesterday!!.

Something else I noticed is that he is on 99 Serie A games. Players obviously like milestones like that so even though he might reach that in January I cant see him contemplating a move whilst he is happy where is is with things to acheive.

I'm not saying we will sign cavani but being happy at a club doesn't mean he also wouldn't feel a desire to leave. He may love playing for napoli but if he feels the club can't achieve what he could achieve elsewhere - and also make more money elsewhere - then he will be open to a move

Balti said:
This all boils down to who would wear being on the bench, or who wouldn't. So nothing to do with ability or impact but for me Edin will leave anyway if not an automatic starter.

So if he came in then perhaps Cavani, Sergio, Tevez, Mario would be the most stable combination.

If that wasn't a consideration then I'd sell Mario in order to help fund Cavani no problem. But it has to be.

Would be a nice problem for Bobby to have if Cavani is a real option.

Mario and stable should never be seen in the same sentence.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.