Cavani Speculation/News (page 151 onwards)

NQCitizen said:
DANNY O'B said:
As previously said if we are willing to pay the repoted 30 odd million for fernandinho, then cavani is surely worth the price reported?

52m (reportedly) spent so far on a winger with no other suitors and a 28 year old midfielder who has yet to spend a season at the highest level...

By this logic Cavani is probably worth about 100m.

Very true this.

Ray78 said:
zeven said:
I feel sick last year Hazard this year Cavani. didnt chelsea just purchase a striker?

If he ends up there i'll have to break something

It will be funny in seeing Chelsea trying to offload Torres and keeping Lukaku.
They already got four strikers and now they will get Cavani..

we need a replacement for Tevez not many players can fill his boots.

They will somehow manage to sell torres to psg/monaco/italy for 30 million just watch.

cityboy1 said:
Ray78 said:
Dzeko's Right Boot said:
This is Alexis Sanchez mk. III (aka Eden Hazard mk. II)

Aguero was Sanchez's alternative, unfortunately we didn't have a back up for Hazard.
wasn't nasri the sanchez alternative?

You might be right on that. Aguero was probably Tevez's replacement.

I don't know what goes on in our heads sometimes even on a conservative estimate 17m for Navas and 20 for Fernandhino that is 37m pounds we have spent plus the 20m in the bank from Balotelli making 57m. Why on earth did we not do this one first or at least get ADL to say the release clause has been met by one prem club, now it is up to the player. Any other owner I wouldn't give a shit about what he says but this guy is serious in everything he does and say and it is all for a purpose. Oh well we shall see.

zeven said:
Ray78 said:
zeven said:
I feel sick last year Hazard this year Cavani. didnt chelsea just purchase a striker?

If he ends up there i'll have to break something

It will be funny in seeing Chelsea trying to offload Torres and keeping Lukaku.
They already got four strikers and now they will get Cavani..

we need a replacement for Tevez not many players can fill his boots.

They will somehow manage to sell torres to psg/monaco/italy for 30 million just watch.

They will have to find a buyer for their surpless which will be very difficult. They struggled to get Shevchenko off their wage bill. Not this time. AC Milan have Balotelli, PSG will have to offload Ibrahimovic, Monaco have just signed Falcao.

"The Premier League giant [City] is keen to lure Cavani away from his current club, but has yet to table a concrete offer for the Uruguay international.

Napoli, on the other hand, sees Dzeko as a good alternative to Cavani in case the latter leaves this summer and De Laurentiis decided to contact City when he visited London on Monday to open talks over both strikers.

"I was in London to prepare for the European release of the movie on Steve Jobs. And then I told [sporting director Riccardo] Bigon to get in touch with Manchester City to open talks about Dzeko and see what their plans are with Cavani," the Napoli president told reporters.

"There's a lot of talk, but less action when it comes to actually spending money. Unlike me, others seem to be taking a lot of time to use their bank account.""

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.goal.com/en-us/news/69/transfer-zone/2013/05/21/3994381/napoli-president-confirms-cavani-dzeko-negotiations-reacts" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.goal.com/en-us/news/69/trans ... ons-reacts</a>

That article is from two weeks ago with ADL linking us directly with Cavani, it's obvious that both ourselves and Chelsea have targeted Cavani, and ADL is just waiting to see who blinks first.

Gareth Barry Manilow said:
"The Premier League giant [City] is keen to lure Cavani away from his current club, but has yet to table a concrete offer for the Uruguay international.

Napoli, on the other hand, sees Dzeko as a good alternative to Cavani in case the latter leaves this summer and De Laurentiis decided to contact City when he visited London on Monday to open talks over both strikers.

"I was in London to prepare for the European release of the movie on Steve Jobs. And then I told [sporting director Riccardo] Bigon to get in touch with Manchester City to open talks about Dzeko and see what their plans are with Cavani," the Napoli president told reporters.

"There's a lot of talk, but less action when it comes to actually spending money. Unlike me, others seem to be taking a lot of time to use their bank account.""

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.goal.com/en-us/news/69/transfer-zone/2013/05/21/3994381/napoli-president-confirms-cavani-dzeko-negotiations-reacts" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.goal.com/en-us/news/69/trans ... ons-reacts</a>

That article is from two weeks ago with ADL linking us directly with Cavani, it's obvious that both ourselves and Chelsea have targeted Cavani, and ADL is just waiting to see who blinks first.
Obviously as he say it was only talking from our side so now he has turned to Chelsea, i believe we had our chance and didnt take it.

Gareth Barry Manilow said:

It's obvious in two weeks we haven't blinked...

Just dont wait too much.

34m for Fernandinho has one message and it is we dont really care about what we spend if the player is right.

Well Cavani has to be right from every angle, 50m is nothing when easily could be top scorer next year instantly and for a few years after that.

NQCitizen said:
not my fault! said:
NQCitizen said:
Yep Di Marzio confirms. Really cocked this up if we don't get him.

I'll never get this "cocked up if we don't get him" statement. Maybe the player doesn't want to sign for us? Maybe we feel the fee or wage demands are too high? Maybe we have another target lined up... Or perhaps everyone is flapping & we have the deal concluded & the media are just guessing! Don't forget, Navas has said he agreed to join 4 months ago, maybe Cavani & our other targets did too? IMO he's ours as is Isco.

So you're chairman of the selling club and the deal is done and dusted so you come out and say another club is calling to sign him? What for a laugh?

Supposedly its all agreed but we won't pay the fee. Which it certainly looks like. We've tied up inferior players and not stumped up for the best player on the market.

What makes you think he's ours?

Yeh why not! Did we not get reports Real were after Navas & yet again BM erupted into mass fucking panic! Low & behold he agreed 4 months ago, his words not mine.
It's the same every window, certain posters come across needy & desperate, no wonder the rags pop on & laugh at some of our antics.
As for why I think he's ours... I have faith in our club, our owner & the fact we've been chasing him nearly 2 years that's why. If, & I mean if we don't sign him then so be it, I have confidence we have better & cheaper lined up in the clubs eyes. I've heard enough to be convinced he's ours already & until I hear otherwise i'll continue to sit back, relax & enjoy the summer break as best I can while supping my beer in the garden.
We finished the season only a few weeks ago, the window doesn't open for another month & yet again our fans are stressing. Why can't we enjoy the sunshine & have faith in the club to get things done? We have conceded we messed up last Summer & have said it won't happen again.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.