Cavani Speculation/News (page 151 onwards)

sam-caddick said:
avoidconfusion said:
"There's an interest from Chelsea. They will call me in the next few hours" - Napoli Chairman about Cavani #CFC #chelsea

I sincerely hope that we will NOT let Chelsea get Cavani. This will be Hazard all over again, difference being Cavani will have a much bigger impact.

Maybe we are getting Ronny? :P

I could live with that. :)

squirtyflower said:
NQCitizen said:
teddykgb said:
Agreed with the above and I'd add that many of you are flapping uncontrollably off of a fucking tweet. Italian clubs use the media to drive negotiations all the time, the tweet means practically nothing. We already knew that Chelsea was interested in Cavani, it isn't new news that they might get him.

You can't use the media to drive a done deal. ADL pretty much invited us to buy him two weeks ago. Cavani has agreed our terms. We don't have a god given right to any player, but someone who by all account is happy to come and a guy who'd sell him to us.

To paint this as anything other than failing to secure a player we were offered who would join us is just saving face.

If we had paid the release clause we'd have him, ADL basically said that two weeks ago.
hmmmm

you're post is self contradictory

if we haven't offered the asking price, then surely we haven't failed we have chosen not to complete the transfer at said price

not really hard is it?

Yeah we've chosen not pay a price thus failing to secure the player.

You're right, it's not hard.

Ray78 said:
ACMilan said:
Something tells me this thread explodes real soon

Negative or Positive?

with ADL's latest quotes, probably negative.

not meaning Chelsea have signed him (but who knows...) but he'll definitely drop a line that sends City fans bananas.

Wow Shakhtar put on their website that we paid €40m for Fernandinho... seriously if we miss out on Cavani now because we don't want to pay what Napoli want someone really needs to get axed at City imho.

<a class="postlink" href="http://shakhtar.com/en/news/27109" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://shakhtar.com/en/news/27109</a>

On 6 June, FC Shakhtar and Manchester City reached an agreement regarding the transfer of the Pitmen’s midfielder Fernandinho to the English club. The Citizens signed the Brazilian for 40 million euros.

NQCitizen said:
squirtyflower said:
NQCitizen said:
You can't use the media to drive a done deal. ADL pretty much invited us to buy him two weeks ago. Cavani has agreed our terms. We don't have a god given right to any player, but someone who by all account is happy to come and a guy who'd sell him to us.

To paint this as anything other than failing to secure a player we were offered who would join us is just saving face.

If we had paid the release clause we'd have him, ADL basically said that two weeks ago.
hmmmm

you're post is self contradictory

if we haven't offered the asking price, then surely we haven't failed we have chosen not to complete the transfer at said price

not really hard is it?

Yeah we've chosen not pay a price thus failing to secure the player.

You're right, it's not hard.
pity English isn't your first language, it would help your understanding much more

avoidconfusion said:
"There's an interest from Chelsea. They will call me in the next few hours" - Napoli Chairman about Cavani #CFC #chelsea

I sincerely hope that we will NOT let Chelsea get Cavani. This will be Hazard all over again, difference being Cavani will have a much bigger impact.

Chelsea had also better tell Napoli about the secret talks they have held with another top striker in the last 24 hours then...

As things stand, Cavani has City as his one and only option, outside of staying put.

City know that, which is why no amount of bravado or rhetoric out of Naples or Spain has caused us to blink yet.

avoidconfusion said:
Wow Shakhtar put on their website that we paid €40m for Fernandinho... seriously if we miss out on Cavani now because we don't want to pay what Napoli want someone really needs to get axed at City imho.

<a class="postlink" href="http://shakhtar.com/en/news/27109" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://shakhtar.com/en/news/27109</a>

On 6 June, FC Shakhtar and Manchester City reached an agreement regarding the transfer of the Pitmen’s midfielder Fernandinho to the English club. The Citizens signed the Brazilian for 40 million euros.
Only to please their fans, even the animal kingdom understands that BS.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.