Cavani Speculation/News (part 5)

Status
Not open for further replies.
southstand117 said:
Hope your right but expect ACMilan to tell you otherwise.

Nope. Done with that here

Done nothing but share info that has always ended up being proven right, or very close to it - including nailing the Ramires swap inquiry a solid week before it hit the papers/media.

I have no problem sharing what I know from people who do know... but it's not appreciated here and I only end up battling for 10 pages on end. So, not worth it. Im staying silent about Cavani and we'll all know soon where he's going.

LoveCity said:
Shevchenko was old and had no pace. Torres had deteriorated even before joining Chelsea as Liverpool hadn't given him proper time to recover from injuries and he lost a lot of pace and sharpness.

Cavani is in his prime right now and is a different situation. Mourinho got it right with Drogba and probably would with Cavani.

If Chelsea get Cavani it will make them appear the most ambitious team in the Premier League again, IMO. They spent heavily last season but didn't sign the elite striker they really needed. Now they would have him + loads of goals and assists from Schurrle. Add a strong holding midfielder like De Rossi or Matic and they may be title favourites.
Plus Utd will surely strengthen, Without a top replacement striker we could be 3rd favourites.

garymj said:
Shevchenko and Torres, hardly set the world alight for the money they cost, can see cavani being the same at chelsea imo.
Shevchenko was 30 and in decline when we got him. Torres had been out of form for an entire season after a slew of injuries which he was rushed back from repeatedly. Both of those buys were out of sentiment, not practicality. Cavani is coming into his prime off the back of 3 brilliant seasons on the trot. There is no similarity there beyond the fact that they all cost a lot of money. Should Cavani maintain or even surpass his current productivity for us he would justify the outlay, unlike the other two.

I'm still secretly hoping we'll get Lewandowski on the sly as I feel he'd bring much more to our side and costs considerably less. But I'm sure either of them will be successful regardless of where they go.

Something about players that cos " mega " money, they never seem to click like they should,the price tag is like a millstone round their necks.Good player though,just not worth the dough.

Plain Speaking said:
garymj said:
Shevchenko and Torres, hardly set the world alight for the money they cost, can see cavani being the same at chelsea imo.
Both were selected by Abramovic.
If Chelsea get Cavani it will be to meet Mourinho's wishes.

Totally different situation.

1000%

I was convinced Chelsea with Mourinho at the helm would get Falcao and it was pretty frightened at that prospect. I am no less concerned about them signing Cavani.

One thing would be for certain, if Chelsea had Cavani up front we could forget about United as being our biggest threat. United would be the least of our worries.

Chippy_boy said:
Plain Speaking said:
garymj said:
Both were selected by Abramovic.
If Chelsea get Cavani it will be to meet Mourinho's wishes.

Totally different situation.

1000%

I was convinced Chelsea with Mourinho at the helm would get Falcao and it was pretty frightened at that prospect. I am no less concerned about them signing Cavani.

One thing would be for certain, if Chelsea had Cavani up front we could forget about United as being our biggest threat. United would be the least of our worries.
Chelsea will be a force next year,no danger,even without cavani.

Grieffymcfcctid said:
looks like yet another target missed out on

Its been reported on more than one occasion that Pelle isn`t Cavanis greatest fan and this has been shelved since Bobby left.
Apparently we have enquired but we could go back with an offer in August when his release clause fee expires,assuming he`s still available.

ACMilan said:
southstand117 said:
Hope your right but expect ACMilan to tell you otherwise.

Nope. Done with that here

Done nothing but share info that has always ended up being proven right, or very close to it - including nailing the Ramires swap inquiry a solid week before it hit the papers/media.

I have no problem sharing what I know from people who do know... but it's not appreciated here and I only end up battling for 10 pages on end. So, not worth it. Im staying silent about Cavani and we'll all know soon where he's going.

What's your ITK on Isco?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.