Cavani Speculation/News (part 5)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Marvin said:
George Hannah said:
Marvin said:
Too soon to say he's gone to CFC, but makes sense for them.
They don't have a top class forward and he can play his Napoli role as the central striker with Hazard and Schurrle in support Doesn't work for us
This is a strange remark that I would welcome further explanation of.
1) We have Aguero
2) And Dzeko
How do they fit in? Can you see Dzeko playing as a wide striker?
3) We dpn't have a left sided forward. Chelsea have two of the best wide forwards in Europe in Hazard and Schurrle.
Cavani has been outstanding for Napoli as a central striker backed by two wide forwards.
Put him in Uruguay's system and he looks very poor.
So at CFC he'd be played to his strengths and it suits CFC too as they don't have a top striker
At MCFC we couldn't play to Cavani's strengths and at the same time it would hurt Aguero or Dzeko.
Not a big fan of Dzeko at City, but I think we will start with what we have. Maybe a young striker will come in in case Guidetti is not as good as some think he is
Thanks, but I would see him working well with Aguero and also as a wide striker with Dzeko. All three at once could also be a possibility if we were losing. With Cavani at the club I don't see us losing much tbf and if he came Dzeko would probably go anyway.

George Hannah said:
Marvin said:
George Hannah said:
This is a strange remark that I would welcome further explanation of.
1) We have Aguero
2) And Dzeko
How do they fit in? Can you see Dzeko playing as a wide striker?
3) We dpn't have a left sided forward. Chelsea have two of the best wide forwards in Europe in Hazard and Schurrle.
Cavani has been outstanding for Napoli as a central striker backed by two wide forwards.
Put him in Uruguay's system and he looks very poor.
So at CFC he'd be played to his strengths and it suits CFC too as they don't have a top striker
At MCFC we couldn't play to Cavani's strengths and at the same time it would hurt Aguero or Dzeko.
Not a big fan of Dzeko at City, but I think we will start with what we have. Maybe a young striker will come in in case Guidetti is not as good as some think he is
Thanks, but I would see him working well with Aguero and also as a wide striker with Dzeko. All three at once could also be a possibility if we were losing. With Cavani at the club I don't see us losing much tbf and if he came Dzeko would probably go anyway.
Dzeko plays down the middle, or not at all. Likewise Cavani.

Aguero is too good to be played wide

We could play two forwards without Aguero having to go out wide. He could play slightly behind the target man like at Atletico, with the width coming from full-backs, wingers, and playmakers/faux wingers.

gkKcdLT.jpg

We could do, but we've just bought Navas

and id we're honest the full backs bar Micah aren't prolific enough attacking wise to bear the burden of providing the width.

We'll end up 4-3-3 with Aguero either up top or cutting in

Rammyblues said:
Normally AC always says staying, now seems to accept he is going :-)

not at all what Ive said.
Look back and you'll see exactly what percentage chance I gave Cavani to stay at Napoli - It's slightly higher than what I said before, but it was always much lower than his chances of going to MCFC or Chelsea

Del_Bosque said:
We could do, but we've just bought Navas

and id we're honest the full backs bar Micah aren't prolific enough attacking wise to bear the burden of providing the width.

We'll end up 4-3-3 with Aguero either up top or cutting in

The fullbacks aren't prolific enough?

I'm sorry but I can't agree with this statement at all, Zabelata was immense going forward all season, so much so that no one missed Richards in the slightest, and on the other flank we had a LB that is useless at defending in Kolarov and another very good pacey option in Clichy

If you group those four as a unit then you would be hard pushed to find a better bunch of full backs in the entire league.

City said about 10 days ago we weren't arsed about Cavani anymore so this is no surprise.

Chelsea will have a £100m forward line and still wont win the league.

Stop fretting.

Stoned Rose said:
City said about 10 days ago we weren't arsed about Cavani anymore so this is no surprise.

Stop fretting.

Just the way I feel, to many star struck posters at the moment

LoveCity said:
We could play two forwards without Aguero having to go out wide. He could play slightly behind the target man like at Atletico, with the width coming from full-backs, wingers, and playmakers/faux wingers.
Go, let's go get Torres. :)

Ducado said:
Stoned Rose said:

Stop fretting.

Just the way I feel, to many star struck posters at the moment

Deffo Ducado.

It's rampant on here this summer. I truly believe there are people on here who'd moan if we signed Messi.

The best ones for me are those who say things like 'He wouldn't settle here' when they clearly know fuck all about said player's psychology or ability to adapt, and those who claim to have in-depth knowledge of every league in Europe and how every team 'sets up'.

What needs remembering is we currently have the best squad in the league already. We just need a more tactically aware manager with better man management skills to get them to perform to their potential.

We dont need expensive and exotic 'new toys'.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.