Cavani.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh don't be silly, just save agent Brian the embarrassment, don't even approach the big mouth De Laurentiis!

Akai said:
argyle said:
de niro said:
Omg yes please, my dream signing.

Danamy also said that if he moves, he expects it will be to Chelsea. City are taking FFP very seriously.

It's why we're now shopping for players like Sinclair.

it's also a sign of long term vision for the club by the owner.
mmm, interesting, does that mean...top4 finish target ?
our squad is not good enough to progress in CL, anyone think otherwise stop listen to village idiot Marwood

Roll On City said:
Akai said:
argyle said:
Danamy also said that if he moves, he expects it will be to Chelsea. City are taking FFP very seriously.

mmm, interesting, what does that mean.... top 4finish ok?
Most likely sustained success through the signing of young talent.

Its interesting that a lot of Blues dont think the squad is good enough to progress in the CL.
I didnt think CFC's was last year either particularly considering their 5th place EPL performance.
I would have confidently bet they would not have beaten either Barca or Bayern particularly either of them over 2 legs. However they proved to have enough to win it.
Who's to say we couldnt do the same next year?

My personal opinion is the squad needs to improve.
Back on topic of Cavani, against us with Napoli last year he looked fantastic. Watched him for Uruguay in the Olympics and he was distinctly average or worse. Was that just pre-season rustiness?

I'll let Mancini decide who we buy and live with the consequences as he's not done badly up to now and I'll settle for more of the same.

Roll On City said:
Akai said:
argyle said:

mmm, interesting, does that mean...top4 finish target ?
our squad is not good enough to progress in CL, anyone think otherwise stop listen to village idiot Marwood

Remind me again who won the Champions League last year? How did they do against us league position wise?

Selling Dzeko for 25m pounds and getting Cavani for 25-30m pounds would be huge business for us.

But 35-40m fee for Cavani is huge. And we cant even sell Dzeko for 25m. (Not even Adebayor for 6m lol. RSC? Even a free transfer wont happen probably.)

But it's not a bad thing after all City is trying to save money instead of going into deals as mad as earlier.

Dont know Chelsea's finances very well, one of my mate says they arent in that big minus as City, and also made big savings on wages by removing Drogba, Anelka, Bosingwa etc. CL win is big money for them and lot of new sponsors. Plus extra money from next years CL win which they wouldnt be in if they dont beat Bayern.

Dont think Hazard, Oscar etc. are on huge wages, big fee yes, but that doesnt come into at once but over the length of contract. Even if they sign players for 100m for 5 years thats 20 m expenditure for next year. Next years CL will get them 30m only if they dont fail in the groups...

City had a much bigger loss last year and we dont know the latest reports. Nasri, Agüero, Clichy, their wages, etc. Sending out loan players and paying their wages also did not help.

We had record loss (180m or close to it). We had better incomes (CL, other sponsors etc.) but probably lost another 100m. Hope its not more.
While the leaving players wages were lot smaller than the players were coming in. Agüero+Nasri+Clichy wages vs. SWP, Onuoha, Boateng wages.
We lost just about 10m with the CL group fiasco too.

All in all City has a harder job to be OK for FPP than Chelsea. (They still could get huge stadium naming money if they are in danger what we are already getting from Etihad.)

Roll On City said:
pudge said:
Roll On City said:
mmm, interesting, what does that mean.... top 4finish ok?
We may as well appoint Marwood's mate Arsene Wenger!!!
Jesus Christ, we get it! You don't like Marwood.

And anyone who thinks are current squad isn't good enough to get past the group stages of the CL, is the idiot.

pudge said:
Roll On City said:
pudge said:
We may as well appoint Marwood's mate Arsene Wenger!!!
Jesus Christ, we get it! You don't like Marwood.

And anyone who thinks are current squad isn't good enough to get past the group stages of the CL, is the idiot.
Oh I admire your optimism, but you may want to get that checked again!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.