Celtic (A) - Pre-Match Thread....

Status
Not open for further replies.
They've actually got a 48% win percentage in the CL which sounds good but when you consider that their last 6 home games for instance (all wins) were against Stjarnan, Qarabağ, Malmö, Lincoln, Astana and the mighty H. Beer-Sheva then it's not that impressive really.

Only the odd goal in it? Seriously?
Beer sheva beat inter milan 2-0 2 weeks ago,they aint no mugs either.

I would've predicted an easy win before KDB got himself injured.

Now, I'm not sure, last season showed us that it was very difficult to get points without De Bruyne.

The team is totally different and has much more confidence under Pep, but still, it remains to be seen if someone can take over his enormous stats.

I think there's definitely (more than) enough quality to cope without him, but it's all about the goals isn't it. Let's hope for a quick & easy win so City can march on full confidence in the next couple of weeks.

Optimistically 1-3
Pessimistically 1-0
Realistically 1-2

Not unlike playing a Championship side away in the cup, this one. They presumably have a good pitch which helps. 9 times out of 10 we would win this game, but there's always the one freak result. We are due a bit of bad luck too, a sending off or couple of freak goals or something.

My head says a nice comfortable 2-0 win, although something in my heart suspects one of those disastrous nights.

For those asking about Celtics home GROUP STAGE/LAST 16 Champions League record here it is:

16 wins, 4 draws and 4 loss.

The losses were against Barcelona (twice), Juventus, Milan

Wins against:
Juventus, Porto, Rosenborg, Lyon, Anderlecht, Shakhtar Donetsk (twice), Copenhagen, Benfica (twice), Man Utd, AC Milan,Villareal, Barca, Spartak Moscow, Ajax

Draws against:
Bayern Munich, AC Milan, Benfica, Aalborg

We have the benefit of more champions league experience than Man City, whether that will make a difference we will see tonight, and we are no pushovers at home.

They've actually got a 48% win percentage in the CL which sounds good but when you consider that their last 6 home games for instance (all wins) were against Stjarnan, Qarabağ, Malmö, Lincoln, Astana and the mighty H. Beer-Sheva then it's not that impressive really.

It is a very big game for them and they are likely to put everything into it. The hostile crowd and the anticipated poor conditions mean that should they score first it could be a very difficult night. That said the gulf in terms of quality is massive not many of the Celtic players would get a game with the top teams and if we can get ahead they may crumble like they did in Barcelona. Would not take it if I was offered it now but a draw may not end up as a bad result all things considered.

well i reckon so but i know f**k all. still think it'll be a tough grind, 2-1 city

Only Spurs (1960-56 years ago) made a start with 11 wins in a row ! Today we have the chance to equalize the record and at Sunday to brake it against them . This is history making whatever Pep says.

I hope Sterling scores a hat trick to wipe that grin of Dick Emery's face.

I would've predicted an easy win before KDB got himself injured.

Now, I'm not sure, last season showed us that it was very difficult to get points without De Bruyne.

Pretty sure we won our first five league games last season without De Bruyne. Not sure what the stats were over the season as a whole, but we're hardly a one-man team!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.