Celtic confirmed for August 8th friendly at COMS

DontLookBackInAnger said:
CelticBhoyCityBlue said:
svennis pennis said:
Obviously picked as they will be goal fodder.

Honest to christ, I think we need some mature posters on this forum instead of the uneducated teenies writing absolute garbage about a club they have no knowledge of. I'm not sure how the opposition are selected and who has the final say but given the time of the year, that being it's near the end of the Scottish summer holiday and more or less the beginning of the English holidays, Celtic are one of only a handful who will bring a decent crowd. They have been awarded approximately 6,000 tickets and there is no doubt that there will be some in the home end as well. I will be in the home end through choice.

With regards to the line of pevious opposition like Valencia, Porto, Lazio, Milan etc let's examine that in more detail. Valencia have been in decline for about 4 years following their domestic and European success in the early millennium. With the exception of the last 2 seasons Porto have been pretty much the same as are Lazio who have done very little since none other than SGE won them the title in 2000. Milan can still attract bigger name players but again over the last couple of seasons have finished 4th and 5th in Serie A meaning they have been in the UEFA Cup instead of the Champions League. A common theme amongst them all is that they would bring literally a few hundred fans only. Hardly a big draw to Eastlands is it? They all have a bit of nostalgia from past glories and so do Celtic.

Scottish football is poor, however there will be a good capacity crowd at this game, and a competitive edge to it for a friendly. It is supposed to be entertaining, but what would you rather, this type of fixture or some latin types strolling around for 90 minutes with 20,000 in attendance?
I'm not trying to attack your club, but its your view your a bigger draw(or as big a draw)as AC Milan, Valencia or Porto?
tbh we played ac milan last year and it was a poor turn out, crap atmosphere and hardly no away fans.. at least celtic will bring a fer and it should be a cacking atmosphere....

It would be great to see City turn this lot over.

In danger of getting accused of being biased I must state that I have no like whatsoever for either of glesgas twisted sisters.

It's a shame that in modern society there is a place for the religious hatred that rankers and sellik hold towards each other. Not content at arguing between themselves they see it appropriate to scream there hate into the faces of people that dont even care OR support either. No shame!

I would imagine that sellik fans will bring their cringe worthy religious bile to Manchester (like the 200,000 did for the UCF) but hey you've just gotta rise above it and sing 'fitba songs' back twice as loud.

It will be enjoyable to see City smash a few past the pie eating 'holy goalie' that is Artur Boruc.

Dito, it will be enjoyable to see City smash a few past the 'playboy' that is Alan McGregor at Ipox!

Dumfries Dave said:
It would be great to see City turn this lot over.

In danger of getting accused of being biased I must state that I have no like whatsoever for either of glesgas twisted sisters.

It's a shame that in modern society there is a place for the religious hatred that rankers and sellik hold towards each other. Not content at arguing between themselves they see it appropriate to scream there hate into the faces of people that dont even care OR support either. No shame!

I would imagine that sellik fans will bring their cringe worthy religious bile to Manchester (like the 200,000 did for the UCF) but hey you've just gotta rise above it and sing 'fitba songs' back twice as loud.

It will be enjoyable to see City smash a few past the pie eating 'holy goalie' that is Artur Boruc.

Dito, it will be enjoyable to see City smash a few past the 'playboy' that is Alan McGregor at Ipox!

Couldn't have put it better myself.

fan base ov celtic and rangers are good ..teams are wank ..so atmosphere will be grate for a friendly but game sud be a cake walk

I think you lot have got this wrong ;)

This is a fixture to get us stewards back on form, we will of been out of action for a few weeks and we will need to get back in practice at being jobsworths, ejecting all those innocent fans, then we will have a sly fag in the toilet and obviously dont forget we will need to practice our new found swear words.

Obviouly playing Celtic will give us this opportunity, I cant believe any of you thght this fendly was arranged for any other reason ;)

Trigger said:

This is a fixture to get us stewards back on form, we will of been out of action for a few weeks and we will need to get back in practice at being jobsworths, ejecting all those innocent fans, then we will have a sly fag in the toilet and obviously dont forget we will need to practice our new found swear words.

Obviouly playing Celtic will give us this opportunity, I cant believe any of you thght this fendly was arranged for any other reason ;)
Is it true that it is a stewards ambition to empty the stadium within 90 minutes? :)

Mantel said:
Trigger said:

Is it true that it is a stewards ambition to empty the stadium within 90 minutes? :)

We dont need to, did you see our performance against Forest the team can sometimes do it for us ;)

Hopefully this will NEVER happen again.

Up the Blues.

CelticBhoyCityBlue said:
svennis pennis said:
Obviously picked as they will be goal fodder.

Honest to christ, I think we need some mature posters on this forum instead of the uneducated teenies writing absolute garbage about a club they have no knowledge of. I'm not sure how the opposition are selected and who has the final say but given the time of the year, that being it's near the end of the Scottish summer holiday and more or less the beginning of the English holidays, Celtic are one of only a handful who will bring a decent crowd. They have been awarded approximately 6,000 tickets and there is no doubt that there will be some in the home end as well. I will be in the home end through choice.

With regards to the line of pevious opposition like Valencia, Porto, Lazio, Milan etc let's examine that in more detail. Valencia have been in decline for about 4 years following their domestic and European success in the early millennium. With the exception of the last 2 seasons Porto have been pretty much the same as are Lazio who have done very little since none other than SGE won them the title in 2000. Milan can still attract bigger name players but again over the last couple of seasons have finished 4th and 5th in Serie A meaning they have been in the UEFA Cup instead of the Champions League. A common theme amongst them all is that they would bring literally a few hundred fans only. Hardly a big draw to Eastlands is it? They all have a bit of nostalgia from past glories and so do Celtic.

Scottish football is poor, however there will be a good capacity crowd at this game, and a competitive edge to it for a friendly. It is supposed to be entertaining, but what would you rather, this type of fixture or some latin types strolling around for 90 minutes with 20,000 in attendance?

good post sir, please ignore the negative comments from some fans on here (delusions of grandeur)

Hi everyone.
Celtic fan here. I just wanted to say that I'm really looking forward to this match. The atmosphere was great at our friendly last pre-season and I think it'll be even better for this one. A lot of our fans are planning on travelling down to Manchester for the game, we'd like to take the opportunity to show you that our reputation of having great travelling fans is truly deserved. I am still thoroughly ashamed of what Rangers did to your city at the UEFA final and you can rest assured that we are a world apart from them and that sort of behaviour. I was at COMS for a few UEFA ties last season (Aalborg, Copenhagen etc) and had a cracking time, I'm looking forward to a pumping atmosphere and good sing song.
All the best,
Hail hail from the Celts

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.